Nova Scotia Fishing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All, First Post.

I am wondering if anyone could tell me the types of fish/catches/best baits/etc to use on Mill's Lake near Upper Musquodoboit. I am looking at renting a cottage there late August/September next summer.

Thanks

·
Registered
296 Posts
found this on google. it answeres all your questions...

Upper Mill Lake is a lake located just 3.1 miles from Upper Musquodoboit, in the province of Nova Scotia, Canada. Fishermen will find a variety of fish including striped bass, white perch and pumpkinseed here. Whether you're fly fishing or baitcasting your chances of getting a bite here are good. So grab your favorite fly fishing rod and reel, and head out to Upper Mill Lake. If all goes well, the white perch will be hooked by your grubs, the stripey will be biting your crickets and the pumpkinseed will be grabbing your minnows.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Not sure who wrote that small summary, but I'm afraid they are mistaken.

There are no Pumpkinseed in NS and being a landlocked lake with a dam & impassable waterfalls, there would be no Stripers. Not too sure on white perch in there, but there are some beautiful brook trout. As long as the weather cools a bit, they should be available, mainly near the mouths of the brooks.

A better bet would be to travel 20 minutes further down the road (toward Sheet Harbour)and fish the West River for trout. The acid rain mitigation project is really helping the river, and good trout fishing can be had.

·
Levity Consultant
1,787 Posts
Not sure who wrote that small summary, but I'm afraid they are mistaken.

There are no Pumpkinseed in NS and being a landlocked lake with a dam & impassable waterfalls, there would be no Stripers. Not too sure on white perch in there, but there are some beautiful brook trout. As long as the weather cools a bit, they should be available, mainly near the mouths of the brooks.
It sounds like it's from that website that uses artificial (non)intelligence to populate the data fields. I forget the name of the site, but it's downright laughable.

Paul

On edit: I think it might be www.hookandbullet.com and it should be renamed hook and bullsh!t.com

·
Registered
158 Posts
Pumpkinseeds?? Crickets for Stripers??

Man that ad must be from the guys who made the commercial for the House Hippo lol. Don't believe everything you read on the net folks

·
Registered
158 Posts
I checked out that site Paul and IT is pretty good for a laugh. I looked at Long Lake in Musquodobit on there and it apparently has pumpkinseeds along with lake trout, and sockeye salmon

·
Levity Consultant
1,787 Posts
I checked out that site Paul and IT is pretty good for a laugh. I looked at Long Lake in Musquodobit on there and it apparently has pumpkinseeds along with lake trout, and sockeye salmon
Lots of smallmouth buffalo around, too

·
Registered
39 Posts
I havent fished the big one but I have fished the Upper Mill lake which is connected to Mill lake by a small inlet. Lots of trout and perch in there

1 - 8 of 8 Posts