Nova Scotia Fishing Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello my name is Scott, I am new both to this site and Nova Scotia.
I am in search of a good place to fish for bass, I live in the valley but my brother lives in Hammonds Plains area so anywhere within an hours drive of either area would be great.
Hope you can help.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Hey Scott

If you brother is in Hammonds Plains I would say he knows where Cox lake is, off Yankee Town Rd. Nice bass lake, it was when I was fishing it a few yeears back any way. Try under the power lines and just past that theres a cool little cove type spot on the right, I always did well around there. The bass are starting to slow down so they may be moving to deeper water soon if not already.

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Welcome to the site!! If you live in the Valley, The Black River Lake, Gaspareau lake, Aylesford Lake watershed is a wonderful bass fishery and if you live in Kentville, you're within minutes of it. Regards.....

Reactions: Shimanoman

·
Registered
749 Posts
Hey Scott

If you brother is in Hammonds Plains I would say he knows where Cox lake is, off Yankee Town Rd. Nice bass lake, it was when I was fishing it a few yeears back any way. Try under the power lines and just past that theres a cool little cove type spot on the right, I always did well around there. The bass are starting to slow down so they may be moving to deeper water soon if not already.
agreed. theres also a couple islands around the lake that have some good spots too.
ive had good results there.
if your launching a boat, there is only one place to do so. (cox lake rd off of yankee town rd).

ill likely be there saturday.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
agreed. theres also a couple islands around the lake that have some good spots too.
ive had good results there.
if your launching a boat, there is only one place to do so. (cox lake rd off of yankee town rd).

ill likely be there saturday.
Thanks very much for the tip, I will be trying it next week.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hey Scott

Thanks very much for the help, I am looking forward to trying this place.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Welcome to the site!! If you live in the Valley, The Black River Lake, Gaspareau lake, Aylesford Lake watershed is a wonderful bass fishery and if you live in Kentville, you're within minutes of it. Regards.....
I live in the Wilmot area, Gaspareau looks large on the map, could you tell me the best place to enter and what areas I should be trying. Greatly appreciate it.

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
If u enter at the public boat launch which is on the right or West side of the highway as you travel South from Kentville (you might want to enquire locally as to which lane it is as you can't see the launch from the road) before you get to the dam on #12 Hwy. Proceed up the lake (westerly direction) carefully, as there are lots of "big" rocks some the size of houses!! As you proceed along, I'm sure you will find fish - there are hundreds of spots which hold them, channel edges near shallow flats, Any number of large rocks (structure) If u fish the east side of structure first, keep in mind that the current in the lake is generally flowing from the west to the east. Whereever you find a narrowing you will find an increase in current. You might want to take a map of Kings county along with you, as well as a compass. A GPS would probably be a help too. It's a large lake which by times can get rough in the open spots - especially if you are alone in a canoe. Good Luck Regards....

·
Registered
806 Posts
they're all great lakes to fish , all have their bad spots ,but all have safe passages , you might consider joining your local bass club {A.V.B.C.}, AND I'M QUITE SURE SOMEBODY CAN HELP YOU MAP OUT SOME ROUTES , MYSELF INCLUDED . I'm V.P. of the club and I simply remember one safe route through every lake and then idle from there .if somebody offers take a G.P.S. , digital camera for pointing out intricate navigational points, and a note pad to explain to yoursef later on what it all means .

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
they're all great lakes to fish , all have their bad spots ,but all have safe passages , you might consider joining your local bass club {A.V.B.C.}, AND I'M QUITE SURE SOMEBODY CAN HELP YOU MAP OUT SOME ROUTES , MYSELF INCLUDED . I'm V.P. of the club and I simply remember one safe route through every lake and then idle from there .if somebody offers take a G.P.S. , digital camera for pointing out intricate navigational points, and a note pad to explain to yoursef later on what it all means .
Bass club?????
I was not aware there was such a thing, sounds very exciting to me as I am always in need of answers when it comes to fishing, I truly love the sport but am ignorantly new at it.
can you suggest a club in my area or is this a "blog" on line type club. I am in the Wilmot/Kingston area.

Thanks

·
Registered
806 Posts
go to Nova Scotia Bass F orum
Bass club?????
I was not aware there was such a thing, sounds very exciting to me as I am always in need of answers when it comes to fishing, I truly love the sport but am ignorantly new at it.
can you suggest a club in my area or is this a "blog" on line type club. I am in the Wilmot/Kingston area.

Thanks
no , go to Nova Scotia Bass Forum . it's anouther fishing web site devoted to tournament fishing around the province .it is similar to this one ,chat forums ,classifieds etc. there's bass clubs all around the lower half of the province . if your interested in bass fishing ,try it if you don't care for tournament fishing that's fine ,but you could come out to an event and chat with people that are also crazy about bass fishing and try our best to promote live release .

1 - 11 of 11 Posts