Nova Scotia Fishing Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all- I am looking for advice on launching my boat in Kingsport as I am looking to get out striper/flounder fishing. I am not new to boating, nor am I new to shore fishing stripers but I have never launched in such tides. I am looking for advice on how early before high tide I can launch and how late I can stay without getting caught (while being safe). Also I'm certainly not looking to get your fishing spots but what areas are better for striper, and a rough idea where to find Flounder would be greatly appreciated. I have a very deep hull, 18ft boat with an emergency kicker motor, so I am not worried about equipment. Do you generally troll with a fish finder? or sit and let bait out? Has Chum ever work for anyone? Thank you very much in advance.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Boat in 3 hours before high tide at Horton Bluff with a 12.95 m tide. Boat out 2 1/2 hours after high tide. You can use this as a general rule. The higher and lower tides may affect times some. Going in is not an issue but if you have a boat that has to be floated onto a trailer you will have to watch the out time a bit closer.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts