Nova Scotia Fishing Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
523 Posts
I was writing an article for a magazine and was sorting through some fly fishing photographs from last year, and got wasting time by looking at them all (not that that's really wasting time, but to some...). I got through and then took some and put them togehter into a little montage. Helps to think that we're just a few weeks from starting up again for the trout.
The photo movie is on my website at:
http://www.billcurry.ca

Tight lines in 2011 !

Bill

·
Registered
251 Posts
I was writing an article for a magazine and was sorting through some fly fishing photographs from last year, and got wasting time by looking at them all (not that that's really wasting time, but to some...). I got through and then took some and put them togehter into a little montage. Helps to think that we're just a few weeks from starting up again for the trout.
The photo movie is on my website at:
http://www.billcurry.ca

Tight lines in 2011 !

Bill
Very nice.

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
thanks for sharing Bill I was hoping when it began I'd recognize the areas and finds you honey hole
no luck though
who is the elderly gentlemen? family?

GF

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks for sharing Bill I was hoping when it began I'd recognize the areas and finds you honey hole
no luck though
who is the elderly gentlemen? family?

GF
Hi GF-
The people in the photos are family and friends - but both guys are about 6 years older than me - so, yes, right now I call them "elderly" too.
Of course, if you ask me in 5 years, I may change my mind about what age elderly is. I suspect they will still be and I will not.
Does that sound about right?

Bill

·
Registered
546 Posts
Hi Bill,

Thank you so much for sharing those amazing photographs of your fishing expeditions last year. We are so very lucky to live in such a wonderfully amazing and beautiful piece of the world. Seeing those trout with the scenery in the background I could smell the water and feel the breeze on my face. Simply marvelous!

As to what GF had to say, the gentleman is Sir TroutsAlot. He can dip his hand into a pool and tell you how many fish reside inside, what they had for breakfast and how that breakfast made them feel. He knows the delicate difference between a damsel fly and a crane fly and not just by colour and taste but by texture. He knows how at sunset, the spread of cloud reflected on the water determines where the trout will rise and at sunrise where they like to lie in ambush of unsuspecting insects. Bill is lucky indeed to have such a sage mentor as this gentleman. Perhaps one day, Bill will take us fishing and pass unto us this hard won wisdom and we in turn will pass it on to those to come.

Haha

No really, they know where to find fish and as you know, if you release the fish after you catch it, and don't tell the universe where you caught it, you can catch it again and it's relatives for a long time to come. I have been lucky enough to have been shown a few such places and I guard them dearly.

Happy fishing and thanks again Bill,

James

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hi Bill,

Thank you so much for sharing those amazing photographs of your fishing expeditions last year.

As to what GF had to say, the gentleman is Sir TroutsAlot.

James
You're most welcome - everyone - thanks for the comments.
And, James, I believe I have a new nickname for my cousin - he'll like being nobility, and the "title" fits him perfectly.
Besides, then on some days I can call him Sir Troutsanot !
Only one thing, does that make me Sir Perchaval ?
Bill

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
Hi GF-
The people in the photos are family and friends - but both guys are about 6 years older than me - so, yes, right now I call them "elderly" too.
Of course, if you ask me in 5 years, I may change my mind about what age elderly is. I suspect they will still be and I will not.
Does that sound about right?

Bill
just don't grow a big long white beard and you'll be ok

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
You're most welcome - everyone - thanks for the comments.
And, James, I believe I have a new nickname for my cousin - he'll like being nobility, and the "title" fits him perfectly.
Besides, then on some days I can call him Sir Troutsanot !
Only one thing, does that make me Sir Perchaval ?
Bill
hee hee

1 - 13 of 13 Posts