Nova Scotia Fishing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone seen a list of brooks and/or streams in NS? I am trying to put together a list of decent little streams to try my #3 weight on. As mentioned in other posts I enjoy wading and fishing with a light rod which is why my interest in small streams and brooks. Because I am a C&R fly fisherman, hopefully, my impact on these streams will be minimal. Any help would be appreciated, thank you.

·
Registered
16 Posts
The backroads map book(brown cover not yellow) has a good list of lakes and rivers with some details about each,but as far as brooks and streams can't find much. I find the best thing to do is just get out and try anywhere that gives you a good feeling, you just never know what's in the water.The backroads map book is sold all over the place,gas stations, general stores etc.

·
Registered
423 Posts
I would suggest purchasing a Nova Scotia Fishing Map. They are available at the NS GOV Map Store this address should get you there.

http://www.gov.ns.ca/snsmr/publications/

The map shows the river systems and lakes marked by species. I have used it extensively when exploring new water. In fact mine is now in tatters from use. I also always carry my NS topo map book to compliment the map. There is nothing better than exploring new water and hooking up.

Good luck

·
Registered
749 Posts
I would suggest purchasing a Nova Scotia Fishing Map. They are available at the NS GOV Map Store this address should get you there.

http://www.gov.ns.ca/snsmr/publications/

The map shows the river systems and lakes marked by species. I have used it extensively when exploring new water. In fact mine is now in tatters from use. I also always carry my NS topo map book to compliment the map. There is nothing better than exploring new water and hooking up.

Good luck
Cant find it..is there something in particular i should be looking for?

·
Registered
423 Posts
ouird,

I went into the government bookstore then to maps then to recreational maps and scroll down till you find the fishing map.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts