Nova Scotia Fishing Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please take time out of your busy schedules today to remember those brave Canadians who have made the ultimate sacrifice and also those who have served and are still serving this great country.

Pro Patria

Lest We Forget

·
Registered
751 Posts
I teach my children all the time, that along time ago our poppies when they were young went to war so that we could have freedom. I also teach them that some of those young men never came back home, that they gave their lives for us.

They can learn the iPods on their own, I make sure they know what the 'cornerstones' of our lives are; and our vets are one of em.

·
Registered
751 Posts
I will be watching my son participate in the Truro service, my late grandfather would be proud.
Yes we too, I forgot to mention that. My boys are in a parade in Beaver Bank. Tonight we'll say a prayer for our poppies!

·
To do nothing is unacceptable.
2,726 Posts
To those who have given so much for our Freedoms...Past and Present.

Thank You so much.

"Lest We Forget"

Please take the time today to remember our veterans and say "Thank You" to any that you may come across. Thank you to all who are presently serving.

·
Levity Consultant
1,787 Posts
I woke up this morning and started complaining about the damp, cool, windy weather. And then I remembered that I wasn't in a trench, a P.O.W camp, a wheelchair, or an unmarked grave.

Thanks to those who have sacrificed - and those who continue to sacrifice - to protect our freedom.

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Very Well Said!!!

Thanks, Paul

Regards....

·
Registered
3 Posts
It would be great to see a fishing forum left to fishing. There are plenty of other places to express yourself about topics like this.

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Well, except this site has several places to post other items not directly related to fishing. In the case of this thread it was started in General Forums, Site stuff and not a fishing related form. Kind of like the Classified, not directly related to fishing either.

No matter where it was posted, it is of great respect we honour, but once a year, our Military, past and current, on a site of any form.

Reactions: pmorris

·
1,353 Posts
Guest well said! Thank you.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Yes thanks Guest and LSF for starting the thread. I too have deep appreciation for those that served and in no way mind being reminded of how lucky we are as Canadians to live where we do because of their efforts and sacrifice. I for one cannot understand the objection?? We are a community of fisherman some of whom serve and have served. They have my respect!

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well said Guest....I am not as well spoken and usually prove what an arse I am ...lol

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
LSF - Please feel free to remind me of their sacrifices and their gift to me on ANY day and on ANY forum. Rememberance is the least we can do.

Regards....

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
been a tough week I lost 2 good friends in the last week because of their service to our country one in Petawawa and one in Valcartier RIP Mike & Peanut

Lest We Forget

1 - 15 of 15 Posts