Nova Scotia Fishing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey so I've been fishing Long Lake, as well as William's Lake, both of which are accessible by bus pretty easily from the Armdale Rotary, is there anything else nearby?

(I know of Governor Lake, but I'm not quite sure if the bus goes there. Any help would be greatly appreciated)

·
Registered
319 Posts
The #21 and #23 stop right in front of the post office in Lakeside which is right next to Governors Lake. ;)
Reaaallly. Thanks a lottt I never would have known, I've been using Google Transit to check the buses, but its completely outdated and doesn't show the #23's stop there or at long lake (just lucky the bus driver told me about the stop) <_<

There used to be a lot of speckled trout in kidston lake, stocked I think.
Hmm now I'm wondering about Kidston and Colpitts having bus routes or not too :S. Google transit says they both require like a 30 minute walk from the bus stop to the paths, but Google Transit is a lieee haha.

Colpitts lake (sp?)

Witherod lake

the runs have been known for fish too.
Do you know if/how Witherod Lake is easily accessible? Its walking distance my house (near Hail Pond) but when I look at the maps or walk by, it seems like a wall of trees without much of a path to be seen lol.

Also rookie question but where do you mean when you say the runs haha?

Thanks for the help guys this site is awesome

·
Registered
749 Posts
you can get to colpits lake taking the #20 bus to the beginning of Drysdale road and walking to the end. (by the way the creek/river you walk over is "the runs" aka MacIntosh runs.

Witherrod can be accessed by taking the #14 bus to "Stanley park" on the corner of "Tamarack" and "mountain rd". then walking down to northwest arm drive via the "cowie hill connector".

there is a trail there, that leads you right to the lake.... In my opinion "hail pond" would be more difficult to access than witherod via metro transit.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Thanks ouird I gave Governor Lake a shot yesterday, caught a bunch smallmouth, no trout but will definitely be try again. Thinking about giving Witherod a try today or tomorrow since its so much closer. Hopefully have some luck, thanks again

1 - 7 of 7 Posts