Nova Scotia Fishing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
LaHave Salmon Restocking Program
Should there be a LaHave Salmon Restocking Program?
yes571.43%
no 00.00%
maybe114.29%
it would never work 114.29%

·
Banned
585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Below is a quote that has been brought over from a different topic discussion.... I thought it interesting and worth talking about.

The Group on the River Phillip are setting up their own hatchery and deserve our support for this effort which if successful will give other groups an option to explore. They are haveing a fund raiser next month and when I know the date I'll pass it on. This may be the future and we will never know unless we try.

Well Perry I think that is great news and if brought about in a positive light and success is seen in the future I will bring it to light in the LRSA. It certainly is an idea that intrigues me personally.

Bugman/Dave, what do you think of that idea? As Board of Directors it should be part of our mandate to try what we can, espically if there is a precident to learn from, seek info from, etc.

Travis

·
Banned
585 Posts
If River Phillip is doing it, can we learn from them and others how to do it here? Personally I think it would be worth while....perhaps we can discuss it here, feel free.

·
Banned
585 Posts
This is a good start, we need to get the others talking here too from the Board of Directors. Perhaps between us we can try to get that to happen at the next meeting. I believe there might be one in September now that the summer is almost over.

Either way what we do to the river will be our legacy....

Trav

·
Registered
107 Posts
Hi all,

The NSSA is undertaking a fairly unique and multi-pronged approach to a supportive-rearing program, with the West River Sheet Harbour as a test bed. I wrote the proposal that was accepted by DFO so I'd be willing to coem and talk about our project & success so far. Tim is right, there is a lot to consider with stocking and the days of just putting fish into a river are gone.

Eddie

·
Banned
585 Posts
Great Eddie!

Logic, science, hard work, helping hands and a plan are the things that could allow it to work in the future,... instead of just haphazardly throwing fish in a body of water and hoping. It would be great to have you at a meeting when we are looking into it for sure. As well it could be a good time to also have you speak on the 'goins on' that area taking place in the river already. All your information will be welcomed I am sure. At some point if you are available I hope to invite you to come to a meeting or meeting(s). Over course I will run it by the others and we will set it up.

Trav

1 - 6 of 6 Posts