Nova Scotia Fishing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Getting a bit antsy, I went out and about driving, checking things out. I went to lake willuam first. Very nice boat launch at the dnr depot. Some parking on the road, as I'm assuming you can't park right in the dnr area. Went out to grand lake, but both parks were closed , Laurie was under construction, and oakland was gated. Nice area though. Then I went and looked at kinsac, and it's not as bad as I thought it was going to be. Launching from there early am shouldn't be an issue.

Anyone have any comments/suggestions on things to look out for/consider at these sites? I am a noob to this boating thing.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Getting a bit antsy, I went out and about driving, checking things out. I went to lake willuam first. Very nice boat launch at the dnr depot. Some parking on the road, as I'm assuming you can't park right in the dnr area. Went out to grand lake, but both parks were closed , Laurie was under construction, and oakland was gated. Nice area though. Then I went and looked at kinsac, and it's not as bad as I thought it was going to be. Launching from there early am shouldn't be an issue.

Anyone have any comments/suggestions on things to look out for/consider at these sites? I am a noob to this boating thing.
Oakfield, gotta love auto-spell.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Oakfield, gotta love auto-spell.
You can lauch at the very end of Grand at the WADRA site off of Kings Road all season long. No gates. No issues there until a very dry summer hits. ( low lake level)

Kinsac is tricky when the water drops as well and you have to have somebody keep an eye on the traffic for you. Can get a little spooky getting a boat on and off.

Been a long time since I've used the Williams launch. When the water drops, the ramp is in pretty rough shape.( may have been repaired lately)

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You can lauch at the very end of Grand at the WADRA site off of Kings Road all season long. No gates. No issues there until a very dry summer hits. ( low lake level)

Kinsac is tricky when the water drops as well and you have to have somebody keep an eye on the traffic for you. Can get a little spooky getting a boat on and off.

Been a long time since I've used the Williams launch. When the water drops, the ramp is in pretty rough shape.( may have been repaired lately)
How much further past oak field do you go to get to wadra?

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

I'm heading there tomorrow,do I turn onto twilight lane? I looked for this on google maps but couldn't really see where the launch is....

·
Banned
767 Posts
I'm heading there tomorrow,do I turn onto twilight lane? I looked for this on google maps but couldn't really see where the launch is....
Hi;

To get to WADRA take Hwy. 2 to Wellington [from Hwy 102 at Inn on the Lake exit]. Go past firehall, pzzaria/bakery/store. See river from Fletcher's on your left. After bend in hwy. make a left on first road left, X railway, and turn left again. A wee bit further [round hairpin turn] take another left, cross bridge on King's RD. Immediately after bridge turn right on dirt lane to canal locks and what used to be WADRA. Follow lane down to lake.

Note-- Will probably be a busy place tomorrow.

Good Luck,

chuck

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi;

To get to WADRA take Hwy. 2 to Wellington [from Hwy 102 at Inn on the Lake exit]. Go past firehall, pzzaria/bakery/store. See river from Fletcher's on your left. After bend in hwy. make a left on first road left, X railway, and turn left again. A wee bit further [round hairpin turn] take another left, cross bridge on King's RD. Immediately after bridge turn right on dirt lane to canal locks and what used to be WADRA. Follow lane down to lake.

Note-- Will probably be a busy place tomorrow.

Good Luck,

chuck
Thanks alot, it'll make it easier when I can find the water. Thanks again.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I've been to all you ask....
William ...no parking on DNR property, watch out parking on side of road...fire plugs ie. parking distances. Good smallmouths, maybe still a few graylings too.
Kinsac..lower water maybe an issue with out 4x4.
Good population of smallies, watch out for shoals left side ( west side ) of lake in low water times, about 1/4 ways up northbound.
Grand..as mentioned wadra launch....Note..I got locked behind gate while fishing till regulation darkness, at Oakfield.
Guess the gatekeeper time clock doesn't sinc with the fish time regulations.

Good Luck

Be safe

1 - 9 of 9 Posts