Nova Scotia Fishing Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone ,,, New here to this forum
My name is Carl and am from Yarmouth County

just wondering if anyone may have info on Kinsac canoes ,, I recently picked up an old 14 footer in dire need of repair , which I can do no problem . has some bad cracks and needs new seats and new yoke .

have any of you had one or used one? are they decent in the water?

Hope everyone is having a good spring

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello everyone ,,, New here to this forum
My name is Carl and am from Yarmouth County

just wondering if anyone may have info on Kinsac canoes ,, I recently picked up an old 14 footer in dire need of repair , which I can do no problem . has some bad cracks and needs new seats and new yoke .

have any of you had one or used one? are they decent in the water?

Hope everyone is having a good spring
  • I may have had a hand in building it way back in 1973-75
  • The hull was designed by one of the hydrodynamics engineers who designed the hydrofoils for the experimental Bras d'Or Submarine Chaser with the help of a Canadian military construction person who helped build the Dew Line.
  • Bras d'Or Submarine Chaser - Google Search
  • Dew Line - Google Search
~ ~ ~ ~ ~
  • The hull has an unobservant bulge on the bow and stern sides for better flotation in high weather water {it rides over/through waves really well without swamping}, and a bulge/lip throughout the sides that produces more flotation when healing over {without swamping}.
  • Because of the 'bulge' throughout the hull, the 12, 14, and 16 footers turn on a dime unlike other canoes. The 14 footer is the best for turning with a single person and pack in the front for balance.
  • Kneeling, you can lean to the side and pivot the 14 footer Very easily...which is great for navigating up shallow brooks for fishing. {The Mic Mac liked sitting on the floor and resting against the sides, heeling the canoe over and pivoting round rocks going up their secret fishing streams that no other canoe could do}
  • You can pole it up streams, as the Mic Mac taught me to do. They loved the design above all other shapes.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts