Nova Scotia Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So im starting this again and see if we can set up a trip for all teh yak fishermen and women out there. let me know if any of you are interested in this

·
Registered
296 Posts
is this the one ya`ll did on grand lake last year..wish I had a Yak

·
Levity Consultant
1,787 Posts
So im starting this again and see if we can set up a trip for all teh yak fishermen and women out there. let me know if any of you are interested in this
I'm up for something like this. I think the best approach is to announce where and when we'll be heading if we'd like some company and whoever shows up, shows up. Nothing fancy; just show 'n' go.

Paul

Reactions: pmorris

·
Registered
879 Posts
When we tried it last year on Grand there was lots of interest leading up to it but only 2 of us showed up with kayaks and 2 others to check things out, and with that we had a pretty good time. I'm up for another try but I would pick a smaller body of water.

Greg

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
im game anytime in july since i wont be home still the 25th of june or something like that

·
Registered
215 Posts
Come on then guys, lets get this off the ground, the weather and fishing is good at the mo' so should do something soon. I live near Windsor so a venue off of the 101 would be good for me but I don't mind travelling.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Like i said im game any time after the 24th of this month with a few weekends here and there out of the question. i think what we will have to do is pick a date and a place and run with it.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Well for the first trip out maybe we should hit a lake that we can guarantee some action and with an easy launch. Kinsac could be good, we could paddle up from the launch and up into the river for some bass and pickerel?

Maybe after we have a group lake trip out under our belts we can hit the salt.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
im game captain....when you thinking??

·
Registered
48 Posts
I'd be in for a smaller lake or a river drift. I've got more of a small water boat/river boat - good for class III rapids, surfing waves, poking about in stillwaters. Down side is that it doesnt go fast so a big lake like Grand would be too much for me, I'd never keep up with the paddling.

·
Registered
296 Posts
The river right now on the other side of kinsac is a quite low, you will may have to portage the first little part,the second little part I can manage my canoe down that by myself so it would be no issue for a kayak for sure.Is there anywhere around that rents kayaks. I`m getting a down payment ready for a prowler for next season.my flyrod has to wait:( maybe

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
ok how about the weeked of july 10th or the following weekend the 17th? any ideas??

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
sounds good ill know alot more once i get home.....

·
Registered
48 Posts
I might be away both weekends but dont plan around me. If I can make it I'll be there. Kayak's can be rented from MEC for $35 for the weekend (friday after 3 to monday before 1)

·
Registered
296 Posts
I might be away both weekends but dont plan around me. If I can make it I'll be there. Kayak's can be rented from MEC for $35 for the weekend (friday after 3 to monday before 1)
good to know thanks!

1 - 20 of 46 Posts