Nova Scotia Fishing Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
1,353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was asked yesterday by a client I was guiding if this heat affected fishing! I replied it's hot! Too damned Hot! We had a little action after sundown but I am not going out today! It's hot! Too damned hot!

·
Registered
36 Posts
I was asked yesterday by a client I was guiding if this heat affected fishing! I replied it's hot! Too damned Hot! We had a little action after sundown but I am not going out today! It's hot! Too damned hot!
I hear ya Perry. I heard someone say its one of the hottest days on record in N.S. I need my fishin fix just as bad if not worse than anyone but I neither am crazy enough to go out in this heat. It really is too damn hot. Whats the weather tomorrow? lol

·
Registered
36 Posts
No such thing as too hot.

I had one of my best tournament days ever on 10 Mile Lake a few years ago. The temp on that day hit over 38 c. Lots of water, a good hat to dip in the water regularly, breathable clothing and a light breeze on the lake still beats a day in the office or a trip in my truck with its broken AC.

And did I forget to say a couple of cold "Barley sandwiches" afterwards really helps as well.

·
Registered
36 Posts
No such thing as too hot.

I had one of my best tournament days ever on 10 Mile Lake a few years ago. The temp on that day hit over 38 c. Lots of water, a good hat to dip in the water regularly, breathable clothing and a light breeze on the lake still beats a day in the office or a trip in my truck with its broken AC.

And did I forget to say a couple of cold "Barley sandwiches" afterwards really helps as well.
If you are fishing for warm water fish like bass then maybe you could do well in the heat but fishing for salmonoids in the heat is not productive in my experience. Plus it is very stressful for the fish and results in higher mortality rates. But just about anything beats a day at the office.

·
Levity Consultant
1,787 Posts
When I'm struggling to catch fish, I find that it's not so much the heat as the humility...

Paul

Reactions: pmorris

·
1,353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
LOL! I would expect nothing less from you Paul!

·
Registered
76 Posts
I checked out a few salmon holes yesterday, and man did I sweat, I think I added a few inches to the water level just changing flies, water is extremley low , too low, hopefully the storm brings tons of water and fresh fish, I cant wait for the rain.

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
Well the bass and pickies don't mind the heat at all, was out last night to hot to stay in the house,

I am looking forward to the rain but to be honest alittle nervous down this way (yarmouth) we are suppose to get the worst of it and 100km+ winds(and still considered a hurricane for our tip of the province) is not good with all the leaves on the trees. Have a bad feelin I'll be eating bbq nand soup for days and days course that ain't so bad as long as the trees in the back yard don't land on the house it is all good. lol

·
457 Posts
oh yeah if you know were to find them
white perch dont mind this weather at all
been throwing flies at them every night this week

·
Registered
587 Posts
Hi All
A few years ago I had a client out - he was from the Deep South and he had an accent to match. I cann't reproduce his accent here!
Anyway it was a hot day into the 30s. I remarked on the heat just as Perry did. He said - Its a matter of opinion. Seems cool to me!
I resolved not to complain about the heat from then on.
Enjoy Earle
Paul

1 - 14 of 14 Posts