Nova Scotia Fishing Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Maybe I'm a bit early trying to start conversation on the 2013 season's opening day, but hey, I've got to look forward to something.

I know for a fact that I'll be out poking around a few of the year-round chain pickerel lakes in march when the ice is out, but it still doesn't feel like the real deal until April 1.

I always plan a big day as the first "real" trip of the year, this year I think I am going to spend April 1st hiking to as remote a spot as possible and trying to find some brookies way back in the wild green yonder!

Anyone else thinking about the big day yet? If so have you made any plans?

Chase

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Chase, my fishing buddy in Ottawa has already called me and we are making plans for a similiar fishing trip as you mention for the first of April. Last year our weather was much milder and the ice was essentially out of my spots by the first day. This year i am not so sure, I will have to wait and see. Still might be snow in the woods this year, particularly if the threatened storm hits us as predicted this weekend. No matter, still looking forward to getting back to those remote honey holes. Have a few new spots i google earthed this winter to try out too. I suspect they will be alive with fish, this just based on where they are. Bring it on!
<

·
Registered
424 Posts
Here in truro its pouring rain don't see any ice know or snow for that matter can't wait till the first yeahh!!!! So pumped already getting everything ready for 2 months now lol

And even when I went to the mall today around 2:00 pm I didn't even wear a sweater

·
To do nothing is unacceptable.
2,726 Posts
If you kids don't settle down, I'm gonna stop this countdown clock and turn the thing around!!!!

Have a Great Season and be safe everyone!

Terran

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Okay, its almost time. Does anyone know the status of the ice cover on any of the following lakes??

Morris (dartmouth)
Fish (oakfield)
Shubie Grand (obvious)
Kinsac (fall river)
Cox's (hammonds plains)
Fraser's (timberlea)
Long (spryfield)
Kearney (kearney)
Rocky (rocky lake)
Powder Mill (rocky lake)

If you have any info at all, still covered, open in spots, totally open, still has some edge ice.......

Thanks in advance!

Chase

·
Registered
666 Posts
Okay, its almost time. Does anyone know the status of the ice cover on any of the following lakes??

Morris (dartmouth)
Fish (oakfield)
Shubie Grand (obvious)
Kinsac (fall river)
Cox's (hammonds plains)
Fraser's (timberlea)
Long (spryfield)
Kearney (kearney)
Rocky (rocky lake)
Powder Mill (rocky lake)

If you have any info at all, still covered, open in spots, totally open, still has some edge ice.......

Thanks in advance!

Chase
Morris is still pretty thick.but opening up nicely, if this week stays warm should be spots open.... Rocky and Powdermill had huge open areas with some ice last time I drove by there (last week)

I'm getting my groove on in Waterville on the ol' Cornwallis myself.... I hope

1 - 15 of 15 Posts