Nova Scotia Fishing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been thinking about boats lately and got to thinking about Inflatable boats, espescially the pontoon zodiac style, where you can put a little motor on it. Maybe something that can comfortable hold 2 to 4 people. My battery can inflate my boat, and run my troller.

I like the idea of being able to store it small, take it to the water small, and then inflate it right there; gets around the issue of no boat launch being available, and with the right kit might be able to strap it on an ATV, or tow with little utility wagon. Anyone have any thoughts, and recommendations regarding Inflatable boats? As much as I am okay with the dingy style, I think something with a much tougher skin is a good spend of money.

But of course, there is always the issue of tearing.....

Anyone have what they feel is a great Inflatable boat? Can you tell me about it, and why you think its a great one?

As always, much appreciated, and thanks in advance folks!

·
Banned
135 Posts
I have a one person fishcat IR9. have had it for 4 years and LOVE it. it has a motor mount, oars or you can use fins on your feet. there are endless models out there. as for tearing i wouldnt worry too much about it. inflatables are made to last nowadays. ive been rough as hell with mine and yet to have even a good scrape on it.

I love mine so much i actually regret all the years i didnt have it.

·
To do nothing is unacceptable.
2,726 Posts
Dog,

I've done a lot of research on this topic. STILL, haven' bought anything, but that's a health issue.

One product seems to stand out above others. One designer. That would be Dave Scadden. You can buy his stuff at Cabela's, BassPro Shops and numerous other dealers. As well as directly from his sight.

Here is a link to his sight: North Fork Outdoors - http://www.northforkoutdoors.com/

Check out his products. He also has a huge selection of videos on YouTube. Once you find a design that suits you, you can check out the video.

The reviews on these products are phenominal and Scadden has been designing boats for decades. Also...they are fisherman designs. Not just something that will suit the purpose.

The price is a little higher, but you definately get what you pay for in this area.

Give this sight a good look. Pretty sure you'll be droolin afterwards.

Hope this helps.

Terran

·
Registered
751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks again Terran ole bean, appreciate it. I'll add this to my list. Yeah I got to do a bunch of research over the winter. I think an inflatiable boat could be just the ticket. I like the idea of being able to move around inside the boat, have stuff put where I want it, and nice n wide for those waves. And then when I am out of the water I can shrink it down for a storage, trunk, or ATV.

·
Registered
842 Posts
OND.. I may have just what you are looking for :).. I actually have 2 inflatable small boats.. found them both adrift,, 1 in Bisset and 1 in Morris Lakes.. one is a small sngle person.. but the other is an actualll fishing inflatable with rod holders,,they are sitting in my shed :) may cost you some fishing lures if your interested :)

·
Registered
751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
OND.. I may have just what you are looking for :).. I actually have 2 inflatable small boats.. found them both adrift,, 1 in Bisset and 1 in Morris Lakes.. one is a small sngle person.. but the other is an actualll fishing inflatable with rod holders,,they are sitting in my shed :) may cost you some fishing lures if your interested :)
I am indeed...and that Kayack if you ain't sold it either. I leaning toward an inflatable at the moment, but heck maybe I will buy both. Lures, beer, book of Nefiew jokes, and even cash....let's see what the spring brings.

·
Registered
842 Posts
If you want to try to see if it still holds air you can get it and in flate it in you house ,,I have a 2 way hand pump,,works fast (Use it for air beds). Not sure if it still inflated,,been sitting in my shed on a shelf for about a year ,, but was almost new when I found it :)

Rosco that used to be on this site had one all geared up with an electric trolling motor, he even made a folding wooden floor for it

He now has a Basshound like mine :)

Oh..my kayak is snuggled away in the shed till spring :)

·
Registered
751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
If you want to try to see if it still holds air you can get it and in flate it in you house ,,I have a 2 way hand pump,,works fast (Use it for air beds). Not sure if it still inflated,,been sitting in my shed on a shelf for about a year ,, but was almost new when I found it :)

Oh..my kayak is snuggled away in the shed till spring :)
I don't think I will be buying anything 'till the spring. Will chat with ya about it next time we meet up.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts