Nova Scotia Fishing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Despite my spectacular lack of success on Monday, I'm thinking of heading back up to Meadow Pond (or possibly Sunken Lake) this weekend for another heaping helping of humility. Can anyone who fished it in the last couple of days or who lives in the area provide some info as to whether or not the ice should still be good after today's rain?

Thanks!

-- James

·
Registered
43 Posts
I-I-Ice W-W-Was OK-K-Kay. Little freakin' cold though, sitting in the wind turning into a human snow drift. Went down the path around 11 AM to see if the ice was OK. It was slushy around the edges, so I chickened out. Went back around 2 PM and saw a portable hut (including prudently drilled test holes) so I gave it a go. Ice by the permanent huts was still at least 6-8 inches deep, and by the time I left even the slush on top of the ice near shore was really firming up again. Ended up getting a nice little rainbow (maybe 11-12 inches) about halfway down the column using a little solid lumpy jig thingy tipped with a piece of cooked shrimp. Far from a stellar day measured by the standards of some of you pros, but I was pretty ecstatic. Wouldn't have happened without the knowledge sharing that happens on this site, I can tell you that.

-- James

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
nothing wromng with that catch as long as you weren't skunked it is a good day. I have the same rod it is good if they ain't biting hard. Congrats

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
Was on Meadow yesterday to move my shack at about 2:30pm, started to move the shack and Andrew S came over and gave me a hand. He wasn't catching any fish so I mentioned they were at 8 ft down, no wind sunny the fish were up feeding. Set his line at 8 ft for him,10sec later he set the hook.After things got quiet there went over to were my shack had been setting drilled a hole set the line at 8 ft and another oneon. What a day to leave my gear home!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts