Nova Scotia Fishing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A buddy of mine is flying up from California and I was thinking of taking him ice fishing, only I dont have the basics of a shed/auger. We are thinking of going to the Bridgewater area. Does anyone have any advice on where to rent/borrow such things?

Cheers in advance!

·
Registered
296 Posts
Does Bay rentals have augers? ya dont really need a shack or shelter,If he is from Cali show em how we ruff it here with a lawn chair or a bucket.

·
Registered
546 Posts
Most Canadian Tires and even wal marts are still selling augers. I paid about 60 bucks for one last week, it works like a charm. Why would you need a shelter it is awfully warm out there

James

·
Registered
40 Posts
You could always head down the lahave and try smelt fishing.

That would be quite the experience for him, ice fishing on salt water, especially when you are getting on and off the ice.

Plus I am sure you could come up with a few "stories" about ice fishing on the ocean.

Check out this thread.

Have fun.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You could always head down the lahave and try smelt fishing.

That would be quite the experience for him, ice fishing on salt water, especially when you are getting on and off the ice.

Plus I am sure you could come up with a few "stories" about ice fishing on the ocean.

Check out this thread.

Have fun.
Thanks for all the advice guys! I can't wait to get out there. I just hope the ice lasts.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts