Nova Scotia Fishing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Anyone know where I can try for smelt in hants county or around Windsor.I saw a place called smelt brook near Windsor and was wondering if its any good to try around there. Somewhere along the coast in Hants co.would be more ideal for me but Windsor isn't too far either if there's a place to go there...Thanks for any info.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I checked the regs...Tidal waters and Grand Lake are the only placed to fish smelts this time of year. Don't know if this helps.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I checked the regs...Tidal waters and Grand Lake are the only placed to fish smelts this time of year. Don't know if this helps.Yes it does help...guess I'll go give grand lake a try...ice should be good still by the first of next week..what's good bait for there?..I generally use blood worms,eels,mackeral

·
Registered
63 Posts
The southern end down towards the WADRA boat launch seems to be the best, its where I've had the best luck. It is hard to find a way to get on the ice down there though unless you know someone. I do know people who used to fish for them in Oakfield cove as well with decent luck.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts