Nova Scotia Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I am from out of province and was wondering how the ice fishing has been this season. I dont know much about ice fishing in NS and was curious as to when the season stops (aka is there still enough ice to go fishing this month)

Let me know if you know of any spots relatively close to halifax that are still fishable for this month and also what you might catch there.

Thanks alot

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
St Croix, Specs 1 more week at these temps, Meadow Pond, Rainbows, Specs, looks better but he temps will affect by next week too.

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
Still fishing at Sunkin Lake. We spent the day there yesterday having our sh*&house burning
while snow is still on and making plans for reno work. saw a few folks out on the ice but didn't notice if anything was caught. Lots of ice there tho !

·
Levity Consultant
1,787 Posts
Still fishing at Sunkin Lake. We spent the day there yesterday having our sh*&house burning
while snow is still on and making plans for reno work. saw a few folks out on the ice but didn't notice if anything was caught. Lots of ice there tho !
Welcome back! Once you catch up on the threads you'll learn that we don't use that foul language around these parts anymore. Privies are now referred to as "Cookehouses"... right, Terran?

·
To do nothing is unacceptable.
2,726 Posts
Welcome back! Once you catch up on the threads you'll learn that we don't use that foul language around these parts anymore. Privies are now referred to as "Cookehouses"... right, Terran?
Paul,

Just dropped another Salmon off at the feedlot!
Talk about a "pressure Cooke'r"!

Terran

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
awwww shucks i am sum sorry bout that ! shore didn't meen to ofend nobudy. specally mr morus

·
Levity Consultant
1,787 Posts
awwww shucks i am sum sorry bout that ! shore didn't meen to ofend nobudy. specally mr morus
Tweren't the language, Dawg. Jus' a bit upset that I di'nt get a invite to a good Cookehouse burnin'...

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
Tweren't the language, Dawg. Jus' a bit upset that I di'nt get a invite to a good Cookehouse burnin'...
sorry bout that old buddy, was a sperm of the moment thing
just woke up yesterday and thought " i'd like to burn the COOKHOUSE down. Should write a song about it - "The night they burned the sh*&house down, it was smokin and stinkin ...." whadda yall think ? make it to the charts ?

·
2,726 Posts
sorry bout that old buddy, was a sperm of the moment thing
just woke up yesterday and thought " i'd like to burn the COOKHOUSE down. Should write a song about it - "The night they burned the sh*&house down, it was smokin and stinkin ...." whadda yall think ? make it to the charts ?
Dawg,

A lawyer for "The Band" just called, apparently Levon Helm just rolled over in his grave. Now they want's some cash! Your in sh*t!

Catchy tune, doh.

Terran

·
Levity Consultant
1,787 Posts
Dawg,

A lawyer for "The Band" just called, apparently Levon Helm just rolled over in his grave. Now they want's some cash! Your in sh*t!

Catchy tune, doh.

Terran
A have to agree with Terran, Dawg. A young fart smeller - I mean a smart young feller - like yourself should know better than to recycle a classic...

·
Levity Consultant
1,787 Posts
Just thinkin' about this brings back some scary memories.

One day the wife stops me and tells me that the outhouse is full and that I have to do something about it. I mention that my buddy Terran is coming over the next weekend, and since he has been going to an engineering school he should have an idea of the best way to handle the situation.

That weekend Terran comes over and I explain the dilemma....

"Terran, we gotta do somethin' about the outhouse; it's full and the wife is getting very upset about it."

"Well, I have an idea. We'll place several sticks of dynamite around the outside of the outhouse with a fuse just long enough to allow us to run behind the house before it goes off. The outhouse will be blown straight up, the crap in the hole will be blown out into the fields to fertilize them, and then the outhouse will fall right back down to were it was."

I thought this was a fantastic plan, so Terran and I got to work and set all the dynamite just right. We lit the fuse and ran for the house. Just as we got to the back of the house, the wife came running out the back door and made a bee line for the outhouse. Before I could stop her she ducked into the outhouse slamming the door behind her and......

BOOOOM!, the dynamite blew.......the outhouse then shot straight up, the crap was blown out to the fields, and the outhouse dropped right back down where it originally sat, just like Terran had planned.

I ran to the outhouse worried about the wife and reached it just as she opens the door to come out. "Honey, Honey.....are you alright?"

The wife is a little shaken up but responds .... "Yes Dear, I'm fine.......but I have to tell you, I'm sure glad I didn't let that one go in the house!"

·
2,726 Posts
Stop..it hurts...can't breathe...your killin me!!!!!

Love it when a plan comes together though.

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
Well now for bad news
, The ice in Hants around my home is disappearing tonight, Notice one large pond ice free
on the way home tonight at 7pm. At 5pm my small pond in the back was down to 3in it was 8in on Sat. we could be in the open water season in some of these small lakes by the weekend

1 - 20 of 24 Posts