Nova Scotia Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
nice to start seeing some of the old faces again so to speak
figured i would start a topic to see ow peoples seasons have been shapin up

mine been good so far got a keeper striper this year and landed a nice sea trout are 2 or the main highlights so far
working on getting a boat in the water

and looking forward to hearing some fish tales

·
Registered
749 Posts
nice to start seeing some of the old faces again so to speak
figured i would start a topic to see ow peoples seasons have been shapin up

mine been good so far got a keeper striper this year and landed a nice sea trout are 2 or the main highlights so far
working on getting a boat in the water

and looking forward to hearing some fish tales
been out 4 times, havent caught much other then perch lol
on a good note, the wife has caught her first fish, which was quite interesting to watch.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I've gotten several little trout in the Mush but that was when the water was higher... at least their numbers have been good. Now I'm just biding my time until mackerel season!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Only been out twice but I am heading to Northern Quebec on a 5 night/6 day fishing trip in a week and half....Can't wait.
Drive to Baie Comeau then float plane in to Lake Berte. Will be an awesome time.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Been out 2 or 3 times a week since the season opened. Lots of fish but nothing of note aside from a few very nice pickerel. Looking forward to July and getting the kayak out on the ocean.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Been great so far... 2nd day of the season I got a nice chunky 17 inch Brookie on the Musquodoboit river. And lots of 8-12 inchers around home... Gotta love those Brookies!!

·
Registered
575 Posts
I haven't had much luck with anything yet lol, been out quite a few times for trout, pickerel, smallmouth, shad and only caught a couple of each (except no luck with the shad)

Haven't been going as much lately, now that I'm back on the dayshift I've got to get back into it and hope to have better luck in June

·
Registered
879 Posts
Another slow start to the season for me, only out. 4 times, that should start to change now for the rest of the season.

Greg

·
Registered
185 Posts
Had some medium sized pickerel and bass out of fish lake.
So far better than last year.
Ho one stripper all of 8 inches long lol. So the only way is up :)

·
Registered
33 Posts
I had some decent shad action the first few weeks of may, then it got pretty quiet during the last few weeks.
Not bad trout action, although all were quite small.
I have to say that a beaded nymph (I recieved in a streamer fly swap I participated in) has been an excellent producer for trout.
The water has been really low though, I'm really happy to finally see some rain.
tight lines...

·
Registered
203 Posts
Having a great trout year,number wise.
Starting to change over to fish for bass and pickeral now.
I wish the pickeral would stop moving to the trout lakes,,,sorry but pretty sure this will get discussed here at some point.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Well I have been out about 4-5 times a week since opening day (on spring breakup) Went after Salmon, Browns, Stripers, Rainbows, Small Mouth, and Speckled Trout and the fishing up my way has been pretty good. Just waiting for the water to warm up a little but more then go after Muskie on a fly.

·
Registered
296 Posts
caught my first striper...lets just say it wasn't worth a pic...fun non the less, fishing on Kinsac lake mostly only cuz I live on it.The fishing here is great especially if you know where to go....what is the record for small mouth?anyone know...?

·
Registered
575 Posts
Went out today, in an hour I caught 3 trout (2 worth keeping) and my girlfriend caught her first fish, 12" trout around 1 pound !

·
Registered
186 Posts
caught my first striper...lets just say it wasn't worth a pic...fun non the less, fishing on Kinsac lake mostly only cuz I live on it.The fishing here is great especially if you know where to go....what is the record for small mouth?anyone know...?
the record Small mouth in Nova Scotia is between 5.13lbs i beleive? someone correct me if i am wrong. a fishermen from ontario came down to do a tournment on lake mushamush last year and caught it and im pretty sure the fish is acctually seen on last seasons show fishing with freinds.

·
Registered
575 Posts
the record Small mouth in Nova Scotia is between 5.13lbs i beleive? someone correct me if i am wrong. a fishermen from ontario came down to do a tournment on lake mushamush last year and caught it and im pretty sure the fish is acctually seen on last seasons show fishing with freinds.
The pic in my avatar (same as the record in my sig) was on that show for 2 or 3 seasons apparently.. I don't watch TV though but they gave me a nice set of finger nail clippers
(they called it a line cutter hahaha)

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
Have had a real good spring have been out several times a week and took an entire week off in may to search the valley for brookies and shad. Have only beeen skunked a few times. Landed my first brown and numeous brookies and hundreds of white perch. Did some exploring and have found some very productive and promising new holes. I've even found two trout holes in Yarmouth co the trout aren\t numerous but good in size. Waters are low and warming up so it\ll soon be time to hunt the smallies. good luck all and glad to see ya all back

·
Registered
53 Posts
So far it's been one of the best season I ever had!! Lots of Sea Run speckles and the Browns are starting to come on pretty heavy now !! Hopefully they'll hang around for abit!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts