Nova Scotia Fishing Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Spent an hour in Nictaux today fly fishing for the first time. I managed to catch 2 Brook trout in a half hour. The first was on the first good cast I managed to cast into the river. I have to say thanks for some of the info on other post to pay attention to the bugs in the water and match you fly to them. I am officialy loving fly fishing!!!!

·
Registered
57 Posts
Welcome to the addiction. It only get's worse my friend.

Alex

·
Registered
879 Posts
warren, I hear ya! I started late last year and all I keep thinking is I've missed out on 40 years of this, that is if I started when I was ten

Cheers,
Greg.

·
Registered
57 Posts
LOL, you will get to the point that a spinning rod won't even feel right in you hand.
What sort of weird contraption is a spinning rod? Never heard of 'em... LMAO

Alex

·
Registered
21 Posts
One more addicted to fly fishing,

I was just wondering what part of the nictaux have you try. Is there still some shad coming up because after they are gone the trout fishing will pick up a bit more. I like to start by the bridge near the falcourt.

Keep fishing for the for the love of the sport.

yan

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
One more addicted to fly fishing,

I was just wondering what part of the nictaux have you try. Is there still some shad coming up because after they are gone the trout fishing will pick up a bit more. I like to start by the bridge near the falcourt.

Keep fishing for the for the love of the sport.

yan
That's were I was.

Warren

·
Registered
66 Posts
There is an old saying. Give a man a fish, feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish, he needs to buy, flies, leaders, rods, lines, reels, waders, boots, boat, motor..........

·
Registered
245 Posts
Just you wait till you hook a bass on the thing! Woo, then you'll REALLY be done in! Nothing beats fishing bass with a top water fly.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Welcome to the club, been at it 20 years still don't know everything, but love it. Next gotta try
for mackeral and bass.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I love getting bass, and I haven't had the chance nor honour to catch a 15-20 lb Atlantic. Sure I've gotten some nice Chinook and Steelhead but after my first run in with a 15 lb carp on the fly. I'll never look at them the same way again. Makes me wonder what a 30 pounder would feel like.

Have you guys noticed that no matter the species... it always feels better on the fly rod? For example bluegill on a 7' 4wt.

Alex

·
Registered
806 Posts
There is absolutely nuttin like a fresh salmon on the end of the line. A striper is close but no salmon

1 - 13 of 13 Posts