Nova Scotia Fishing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
I've aquired a bunch of fly gear, read books, surfed, tied some ugly flies and had a few fruitless and frustrating outings alone... and I've come to the conclusion I need some help. Would anyone be able to spare a Saturday or Sunday morning somewhere on the South Shore re-affirming my belief in the existence in trout?

Many thanks,

·
Registered
57 Posts
Welcome to the fantastic sport of fly fishing. In no time at all you'll get the hang of it and it'll soon become an addiction. I wish that I lived out there because I would be more than happy to show you some stuff. I know the books and stuff can get technical and over the top. It can be tough but be patient. Like I always say... "it's a marathon not a sprint".

Alex

·
Registered
210 Posts
Michael, there are many very good casters on this site. Some of them are qualified instructors. I'm sure that you could hook up with one of them for a session or two. As for tying, there are more expert tiers around than I could count. As the site grows, I'm sure you'll see lots of ideas and pointers being posted. Don't be afraid to ask.

·
Registered
587 Posts
I've aquired a bunch of fly gear, read books, surfed, tied some ugly flies and had a few fruitless and frustrating outings alone... and I've come to the conclusion I need some help. Would anyone be able to spare a Saturday or Sunday morning somewhere on the South Shore (I live between Chester and Mahone Bay) re-affirming my belief in the existence in trout?

Many thanks,
Mike
Hi Mike
I live in the same area. We could do a morning at Sucker.
Let me know if you are interested.
Paul

·
Registered
57 Posts
Way to go Mike.

Glad to hear that you're well on your way. It hasn't been asked but did you get any of the three to hand?

Alex

·
Registered
57 Posts
Getting the chance to meet locals, make friends and enjoy the time on the water is what this sport is all about. I've had the chance to make some great friends on a forum here in Ontario... and enjoy many great days on the water. It's awesome that you got some to hand... congrats.

Alex

1 - 7 of 7 Posts