Nova Scotia Fishing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Found this site and was quite impressed. Thought I would say hello. You seem to have all the bases covered.
I've been spinner and baitcast fishing for many years and just took up fly fishing last year. Nothing like getting out on the water for a day. Our low water levels in Ontario this year have really presented challenges for anglers. We didn't get any accumulations of snow last year, and as a result, the water levels in some areas are down an average of 5-7 feet. Many lodge and cottage owners have had to purchase floating dock systems just to access the water. Spring walleye normally found on lake flats were still in the bays. I just returned from the Ottawa river where levels are so low, cottagers are having to walk out 5 minutes just to reach the waters edge.
I also have a fishing question. I'll be vacationing in Halifax next week and would like to get in a day on the water. Salt or fresh water, catch and release since staying at a city hotel. We're flying, so not sure about bringing my own equipment. Was going to check in with the local equipment shop for info on charters and guides and licence. Will have a car. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks in advance
Cheers
Cramden

·
Registered
210 Posts
Pay a visit to Fishing Fever (there's a link on this site). They'll steer you right. Many species are out of season now in N.S. but they're the folks to hit up.

·
457 Posts
Pay a visit to Fishing Fever (there's a link on this site). They'll steer you right. Many species are out of season now in N.S. but they're the folks to hit up.
hey coachman you got me a little confused on the (Many species are out of season now) comment
would you mind explaining what you mean

you mean its not the right time of year to catch certain types of fish or your not allowed to target certain types of fish at this time of year ???

·
Registered
210 Posts
You're right. For some reason I was thinking it was October already. Seasons are still open, Cramden, but do keep in mind that some fish are C&R only and some waters are artificial or fly only during September.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts