Nova Scotia Fishing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I heard the other day that they are lifting the striper ban for the northumberland straight and pugwash area. Has anyone else heard anything like this?

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It was a " heard it from a friend who heard it from a friend " kinda deal. That's why I threw it out here to see if anyone else heard it. Just waiting for the first of the week to see if I can get a hold of the dept of fisheries or whatever higher power makes the decisions to see if it's true.

·
Admin
551 Posts
Though this would be great news for anglers, I was assured by biologists a number of years ago that it would be very unlikely to see an open fishery on the Northumberland unless a definitive spawning population was identified outside of the Miramichi class. To my knowledge, this has not happened yet but I anxiously await the official word.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well I was talking to Dept of Fisheries today. They told me it was a rumor and thats it. There were scientist doing studies in fall to figure out the state of the fish but that was it. It's still only Bay of Fundy side.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts