Nova Scotia Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
666 Posts
I got out to Musq. River today and wow what a blast... got a few browns and a big ol' sea trout.. lost a few and watched a few follow me to shore, but helluva good time... I wasn't even sure I could make it out today and so happy I did...

·
Registered
7 Posts
Got out for a few hours today with the brother in law showed me a few spots around the springhill area caught a few speckles about 5 inches or so tossed them back made for a good day tho something is better then nothing in my books looks like its going to be a great season .

·
Registered
575 Posts
Me and James (Spastic Caster) headed to a lake down my way and carried my awkward canoe loaded with gear 20 minutes back in the woods, plus had to make a second trip for motor and gas. I think James ended up with a hurt back and I ended up with a sore shoulder and we didn't get a bite. Fished that lake for a couple hours and when that wasn't productive we tried a nearby river/stillwater, and again with no bites. Just wasn't our day I guess! James had to take off, so I think I'm heading back there shortly to try and not be skunked for the day.

Good luck everyone,
Billy

·
Registered
296 Posts
it's not the having its the getting! Happy Opening Day ya'll....who else thinks this shoul be a holiday?!

·
Registered
19 Posts
well it started of as a great day at silvery lake in the tobeatic. we got a 3 nice trout 13-15 inches right off, then the boat fishing next to me catches a 10 inch pickeral!! well talk about ruining a good day, made me sick to my stomach. we finished up the day with 5 nice trout,cold feet, and wondering where me and the younger generation are gonna go trouting in a couple more years? for now ill just catch and release all i can and try to catch some big ones before the pickeral eat em all up.

G

·
My father and I hiked about 30 min into a nice slow flowing river. Fished for about an hour and a half with no results. A couple geese making a bunch of noise attracted me to another part of the river and while I was there I hooked five brookies in about 15 minutes, landed two of them then sent them back to swim another day. Overall I had great day.

·
Admin
551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
forget it guess i dont know how to post pics!!! lol
If they are photos you have uploaded to this site, just go to the photo page, click the "Share" + icon, then copy the BBcode for the photo and then go back to the topic you want to post them in and paste the BBcode into a message. Hope that helps.

-dave

·
Registered
251 Posts
Me and my son wen out today, it was my first time out in a boat without my dad , decided to do first lake instead of grand lake, taking into consideration my experience and the weather that was coming. Anyway first is not a bad little lake, saw 3 fish on the fish finder, not a bite though, it was so coooollllllddd. Had a fun time anyway. Im looking forward to a little bit nicer weather.

·
Administrator
913 Posts
Me and my son wen out today, it was my first time out in a boat without my dad , decided to do first lake instead of grand lake, taking into consideration my experience and the weather that was coming. Anyway first is not a bad little lake, saw 3 fish on the fish finder, not a bite though, it was so coooollllllddd. Had a fun time anyway. Im looking forward to a little bit nicer weather.
Where did you launch your boat at on First Lake?

·
Registered
207 Posts
We showed up at our spot at Black River on the Bras D'Or Lake at about 6am and as we were walking toward the shore, it was still pretty dark and we could hear a lot of splashing in the water. Hoping(though knowing better) that there was a trout feeding frenzy going on in the pool at the river mouth we all hurried to the shore. What did we see?? A great big seal having a field day. You could hear him chomping on something as he floated around oblivious to our presence. Needless to say we never even saw a fish after we patiently waited for the seal to go about his business and ---- off. We stayed for about 2 hours and tried everything in the tackle box, but not a bite. Whatever the seal didn't get he scared far away. That spot looked so good when we scouted it out yesterday. It was still a beautiful day here at that time so we went across the causeway and tried Tracadie River in Monastery. No seals there. No fish either. I knew when we got there and there was nobody left fishing at 9:30am that there wouldn't be much there. Still better than a day at work though. The weather chased us home by noon. SKUNKED!!

·
Registered
113 Posts
Me and my buddy headed down to the Cornwallis this morning. not as active as we expected 8 hours covered lots of water only seen 9 fish hooked 6 landed 4. Orly saw 2 other people on river not as many as was predicted. heard south bishop road area was a different story angler wise anyway never heard fish reports yet. Snow and wind blew in around 2 making the fishing little more challenging as well as the drive home a little interesting.

·
Registered
255 Posts
my buddy and i headed out to twin culverts this morning ice in baddeck ice at dinos pond culverts all ice south cove ice but the boat off at the ferry and just trolled around nice morning we got skunked but it was a good morning cold as heck and hit a piece of ice with the boat but nice to be out lots of folks ice fishing dont know if catching anything though back on the water wednesday or thursday i hope

·
Registered
212 Posts
I got out to Musq. River today and wow what a blast... got a few browns and a big ol' sea trout.. lost a few and watched a few follow me to shore, but helluva good time... I wasn't even sure I could make it out today and so happy I did...
Hey Evil mind if I ask ya what you used to catch the browns?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts