Nova Scotia Fishing Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. I seen a show on WFN and they were catching nice size trout right off shore in Halifax! I didn't catch the name of the lake. They said it was a stocked lake. Just wondering what some of these lakes are? Somewhere easily accessable. I like to take my nephew sometime. Thanks!!

·
Registered
666 Posts
Almost all the lakes in HRM get some kind of stocking.. the more popular are Albro Lake, Penhorn and Maynard Lake in Dartmouth, Lake Loon and a few in Sackville and Halifax (forget the names of a lot of them)... also out Tantalion way there's Lake Lewis (sp?) and a few out that way. I take my son to a lot of the Dartmouth side lakes for ease and fun, and I go stomping in the woods for other stuff

·
Registered
93 Posts
Hi. I seen a show on WFN and they were catching nice size trout right off shore in Halifax! I didn't catch the name of the lake. They said it was a stocked lake. Just wondering what some of these lakes are? Somewhere easily accessable. I like to take my nephew sometime. Thanks!!
the lake with the fence and the highway in the background is penhorn lake.

·
Registered
128 Posts
yes it is...i fished it last year with some luck....smaller rainbow tho

·
Registered
666 Posts
I see Cowbay Pond is on the list,, does any one know if thats the pond across from the moose
I always wondered that too, and last year I saw a guy fishing it. He wasn't having any luck when I pulled in to see what was going on but did say he had a few from there before. May give it a shot this year.

·
Registered
128 Posts
yeah i have caught afew out of there since i live close by....a fly rod seems to work better. but its all lock i guess

1 - 14 of 14 Posts