Nova Scotia Fishing Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey I'm from the Wellington area and have grown up fishing off Grand Lake, since Ive moved to Halifax I have been looking for a nice unspoiled lake to get my angling fix. My girlfriend and i were visiting her mother who lives off Herring Cove Road and I noticed a nice looking lake by the name of Colpitt Lake when getting directions off google maps. Anyone have any knowledge on it?

·
Registered
749 Posts
I used to fish this a lot lol.
it has trout, caught a few, but nothing of note to be honest. love the area, not close to houses given you have to hike through the woods to get to it. (been a while since ive been there though).

if youre looking to get to the lake there are two optoins im aware of.
there is a trail at the end of colpitt lake road, and the trail is well marked.
you can also get to it by crossing the Macintosh runs behind the sprydome, and walk as the crow flies (shorter trek, but little more terrain).

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I used to fish this a lot lol.
it has trout, caught a few, but nothing of note to be honest. love the area, not close to houses given you have to hike through the woods to get to it. (been a while since ive been there though).

if youre looking to get to the lake there are two optoins im aware of.
there is a trail at the end of colpitt lake road, and the trail is well marked.
you can also get to it by crossing the Macintosh runs behind the sprydome, and walk as the crow flies (shorter trek, but little more terrain).
Yea, my girlfriend and I have been hiking up to it for the last two weeks just for the un-spoiled scenery. There's a fair bit of new development now but it's still far enough away to feel like your in the backwoods of Cape Breton not the middle of Halifax. Never the less it's still a bit of a bush wack but not too difficult with an iPhone lol. I'm pumped to hear there's trout, I'll definately have to cast a few and post up how it pans out. With any luck some trout in the pan hahaha.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts