Nova Scotia Fishing Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I see we have a new advertiser, just wondering if anyones been by the Bayers Lake location to see what they have.

Greg

·
457 Posts
i called them the other day
they havent got anything for ice fishing gear
but they are planning on coming to the meet and greet
and are looking for in put on what they should stock
which to me seems like a great idea

·
Registered
227 Posts
That is a great idea it is nice for an outfitter to see what we want as opposed to us having to make a decision on what they have in stock
I'll have to go check em out sometime

·
Registered
249 Posts
The got a pretty good selection of guns, mostly entry level rifles but all the good names and a good selection, ruger, thompson center, remington, etc. a bit of clothing, ammunition, some fishing stuff, misc. accessories. it's pretty good.

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
i called them the other day
they havent got anything for ice fishing gear
but they are planning on coming to the meet and greet
and are looking for in put on what they should stock
which to me seems like a great idea
listening to customers wants and needs sounds like a novel idea lol They'll do well with tnat attitude I like them already and I am sure your the best guy to help them with the inventory list Ice King Fisher

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
I was in a couple of weeks ago. Beautiful store. Good selection of John Deere products. Lots of hunting gear & guns. Selection of Shimano spinning gear. Selection of Shimano and Loomis clothing. Some entry level chest waders. I am told that these folks have very deep pockets and, come the fishing season, a selection of angling gear with much greater depth will be available. Regards.....

·
Registered
251 Posts
I was in a couple of weeks ago. Beautiful store. Good selection of John Deere products. Lots of hunting gear & guns. Selection of Shimano spinning gear. Selection of Shimano and Loomis clothing. Some entry level chest waders. I am told that these folks have very deep pockets and, come the fishing season, a selection of angling gear with much greater depth will be available. Regards.....
I went in on Monday, saw some waders, some shimano and gloomis tees, but nothing as far as rods,reels, and lures. Saw an awesome camo under armour jacket, very nice , 23o bucks though.

·
1,353 Posts
Dave and myself were up to the Sussex Show last year giving casting seminars and passing out info on the sites. Green Diamond had the booth next to us and I had time to talk to them on their plans. They have a desire to have a great store and by the look of their banner ad on the site (Look at what products they are advertizing) Quality, quality and quality! It all depends on support from the outdoor community and thats us! This I suspect will not be a bargin basement store in competion with CT or Wally World but I believe if I want a River West wadeing jacket thats where I will find it for example. There is so much stuff out there to stock and sell that it is a good move to understand the market they are in and ask what consumers want. I hope they get some good info at the M&G.

·
Banned
767 Posts
Just wonderin', but why don't we start a thread here called, 'Fishing gear we wish we could get locally', or something?

cheers,

chuck

·
Registered
251 Posts
Just wonderin', but why don't we start a thread here called, 'Fishing gear we wish we could get locally', or something?

cheers,

chuck
It'd be a long list. I went out yesterday, went to the usual spots, walmart, ct,and I even went to fishing fever. I was looking for sufix line, no one had it. I also was looking for some rapala lures ( crawdad pattern ) , none. I picked up a clackin rap at walmart , a spinner bait and a dip net. I bought a bass pro shop folding ruler at fishing fever, and a rapala scissor/ plier combo pack at Canadian tire. That was my shopping spree, there was nothing there that I wanted. I have ordered quite a few lures online, and really, it's the only way I'd get these lures. It would be nice to have a local shop, that you could go into and get what you wanted, I mean, what are you supposed to do when you lose your best lure? Order a new one online and hope you get it in 3-4 weeks! Sad.

·
Banned
767 Posts
It'd be a long list. I went out yesterday, went to the usual spots, walmart, ct,and I even went to fishing fever. I was looking for sufix line, no one had it. I also was looking for some rapala lures ( crawdad pattern ) , none. I picked up a clackin rap at walmart , a spinner bait and a dip net. I bought a bass pro shop folding ruler at fishing fever, and a rapala scissor/ plier combo pack at Canadian tire. That was my shopping spree, there was nothing there that I wanted. I have ordered quite a few lures online, and really, it's the only way I'd get these lures. It would be nice to have a local shop, that you could go into and get what you wanted, I mean, what are you supposed to do when you lose your best lure? Order a new one online and hope you get it in 3-4 weeks! Sad.
Hi;

Yeah, I guess it would start out long, but maybe get a lot shorter after the store finds out what it can or cannot sell. Myself, I'd like to get Orvis gear [they won't ship to Canada on web sales], and maybe Loop and Guideline gear from Europe. There's also camping gear that might be less expensive than, or unavailable at, the MEC store. And on and on. I don't think we'll know what they can carry until we tell them how many of us want what.

cheers,

chuck

1 - 14 of 14 Posts