Nova Scotia Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
1,353 Posts
When I heard the news I was deeply saddened. Richard was a regular contributer to the site a few years ago and his photos and videos were well done and showed the activities of a man born to be an outdoorsman. Once you got to know him he was more than that, a good friend, family man and generous with his knowledge. He was a angler who could catch a fish in a sponge and it would be a good one. I searched my notes for a prayer that felt would be approiate and would like to share.

I pray that I may live to fish...

Until my dying day.

And when it comes to

my last cast,

I then most humbly pray:

When in the Lord's

great landing net

And peacefully asleep

That in His mercy I be judged

Big enough to keep.

No question in my mind!! Peace

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Wow, been away from the media today. What a sad thing. This guy was so respected in Fishing and Hunting. Fishing, commercially, can be deadly. What a sad situation. Loved his Vids, respectfull, classy!

·
Registered
250 Posts
So sad, I had the pleasure to meet Richard and assist him on fishing in CB over the past few years. He was a great outdoorsman and sportsman......such a terrible loss, prayers for the family. RIP Hiltz.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Very bad news to receive this news when I woke this am... Richard was a great all around outdoorsman and even better person... And friend...

You will definitely be missed my friend RIP

·
Registered
102 Posts
I just heard about this. A sad day indeed and a big loss for the sport fishing community. I enjoyed his posts on this site and ns hunting.
R.I.P Hiltz.

·
Banned
585 Posts
It can happen in a moment, and sometimes it does. Rest well and take heart that the struggle is now over. Be at peace and to the family i give them my strength in such a traggic and terriable time. He left doing what he loved, may we all be so lucky when our time comes.

A true Outdoors'man, sportsman, friend, son, family man, trapper, hunter, fisherman.
Trav

1 - 20 of 20 Posts