Nova Scotia Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
1,353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have come to the conclusion that the administrators of this site do not care about the site or how it runs. Since Dave sold the site and all the good words were spoken about nothing changing they have dissappered. They do not respond to emails or messages from me regarding the site so I cannot without support complete requests or resolve issues that require them. My own credibility suffers as requests to me are unresolved. I sent a message last night that if I didn't get a responce in 24 hours I would be gone......so Good Bye!

·
Banned
585 Posts
Well,

Perry.

You would never post 'out of the blue', unfounded or missleading to the true facts; unless you knew something we did not.

There are no words for what you've given or dedicated either physically, mentally, and spirtually to this endeavour; this community built on people that have come before, during and since inception. I know that i have personally learned so much from you, in our brief face to face time over the years. Indeed Perry, you are a Pillar among this community and all you venture too. Continue to teach, carve wood, paint, draw and enjoy like minded company of whom as well enjoy the wilderness. Where ever you decide to place your energy.

Perry, you deserve it all. Soak it up, smile and enjoy! Please keep sharing what it is that we have come to know,

Travis Mark Taylor

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Thanks for everything Perry. I understand your frustrations. You are aware that there is another Fishing/Hunting site here in NS, that I do know. You are more than welcome there,your experience and knowledge would be appreciated as well. It is a more open forum, no issues with posting dead , respectful Pics for example. You would be welcomed with open arms, I can tell you that without question.

Best of Luck Perry.

Lee

·
Registered
751 Posts
Perry, very sad to here this. Could you not stay as a participant like us, and leave the moderator duties out? Naggg the owners to change your status to something non-moderator.

If not, then I really hope I see you at a pond someday. Best wishes! :)

·
Levity Consultant
1,787 Posts
Bye, Perry, and thanks for all you've done for this site over the years.

Hope to hit the water with you again soon.

Tight lines,

Paul

·
Registered
3 Posts
Perry,

I would like to second the compliments that have already been expressed to you. You have been so patient and fair in your role as moderator, and so generous in sharing your knowledge and your experiences.

No doubt there are many members who, like me, have benefited from visiting this site but have lurked in the background, reading and learning. Although I have posted nothing in the past, I do wish to say "Thank-you" for all that you have shared. I know that you will continue to contribute to the outdoor community in many ways -- hopefully in ways that you really enjoy.

Michael Fowler

·
Registered
319 Posts
Very disappointed, though not at all in you Perry, you will sorely be missed.

I've had to deal with the seemingly non-existent administration of this site, and it was a nightmare.

I hope you can take your knowledge and passion for fishing to a more deserving website (and let us know what site that is :D), or at least stay here as a member.

The community here truly values your expertise and has a lot of respect for you and your opinions, I hope we all don't end up losing out because of these "administrators" not doing their jobs

·
Administrator
913 Posts
Sad to see you go Perry but totally understand your reasons for doing so. I can foresee this being the beginning of an end for this website as being a valuable resource for NS anglers. With no active moderators it will be only a matter of time for the next flame war to start and get way out of hand which will result in nothing good and other members leaving. Since Dave sold the sites the only thing I have noticed changed is all the ridiculous ads plastered all over the pages everywhere.(easily ignored in my opinion though) Many thanks Perry for all the hard work, and time you have spent here for us at NSFishing.com. Your stories and knowledge shared over the years have proven to be priceless to us all. Cheers.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Perry thanks for everything you did and your knowledge shared on here. You will be miss by many. This forum is slowly dying off since it switch. Time to start a new one.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Thanks Perry, for all your knowledge shared.

Is the Admin on this forum active at all? Maybe we can change some users to Admins.

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
The owners of the site do not respect the efforts of its administrators. I respect the efforts and friendship of Perry Munro for over 30 years. If he is gone - so am I. Lack of membership and visits are the only things which will impress the owners. Sadly, I, too am gone in support of Perry's position. Hope you too will see the light. Bye y'all.

Regards, and Regrets... Shimanoman

·
Registered
275 Posts
Perry it was a pleasure best of luck! I would like to take this opportunity to remind anyone there is other hunting/fishing forums around for nova scotia if you are unhappy or would like to join both please pm me i will pass along the details

·
Registered
288 Posts
This would be a huge loss! I have learned much from Perry's posts.

Perry, not sure if you are on Facebook, or if you are interested, but we have a Fishing Nova Scotia page there you might consider joining and since I am an Admin there would be pleased to offer you a similar role on there.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts