Nova Scotia Fishing Forum banner

Going To Meadow Pond Tomorrow, Any Tips?

2K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  Nontypical 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Hi folks! I've never fished this pond before and just wondering if anyone has any tips they wanted to send my way on how to catch a couple fish there ! Also does anyone plan on fishing there tomorrow morning/afternoon? Maybe we could meet up

#3 ·
Orange n pink seem to be hot ones..but at same time..when these fish get caught n released a few times over..ya mite wanna try..lil piece a shrimp..or squid...worm if ya can find em...and if ya dont hook in say half hr..moved ten to fifteen yrds or so..n go at it again..keep doin that...plus..accordingto jollymore..all the fish r under his shack..lol...so cut hole rite next to it...
hee hee

#4 ·
Yeppers, wear your life jacket...lol...Last Sunday there was a lot of really wet slush on top of the ice, so it'll probably much wetter tomorrow, given the forecast...As for a place to catch fish, follow our old tracks to the far right corner near the highway, fish shrimp at around ten feet down...We had a great day there...And take note: It's a loooooong way from jollymore's shack...

#5 ·
Hi Billy,

I was going to head to Fish Lake for some pikkies but I will meet you at Meadow Pond. I have not fished there since being skunked in the early spring last year. I will be there around noon, wearing a ridiculously bright orange jacket. I have some little pandalus borealis for bait, maybe they will come through for us?

See you there,

James

Reactions: Billy
#9 · (Edited by Moderator)
Tony wrapped most of it up there . I run a rod with a spring Bobber on the tip . You will hook alot more fish with one. Even 16 inch bow biting may not move your rod tip but it will move the spring bobber. I use small baits 1/4 inch ball of powerbait on small hooks. I find mono line works the best for me 4-6 lb test even the blue mono dont seem to work well for me there very line shy. Dont stick with just fishing the bottom try all depths and punch a few holes. Bows like a moving bait not just dead sticking it

Good Luck!

XBONESX

Thinks Everyone Should Get Bent

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.