Nova Scotia Fishing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone been fishing in Gairloch lake lately? Just wondering if anyone is picking up any of the big rainbows in here. Thought I might head in for an evening fish sometime this week if anyone is catching anything. Would love to hit some of these big rainbows.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Has anyone been fishing in Gairloch lake lately? Just wondering if anyone is picking up any of the big rainbows in here. Thought I might head in for an evening fish sometime this week if anyone is catching anything. Would love to hit some of these big rainbows.
Was out on the week-end and lots of water.Just a few speckles.No Rainbow at all.Lots breaking but none taking.The water was high after the rain we had but might be better now.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I use Powerbait,Corn,Worms.Use a small Silver Spinner.Sometimes worm with a piece of corn on the end of the hook will work.Bobber with about 2-3 feet of line is the way I had my luck.
If I use power bait I go directly to the bottom.Slip Sinker up about 2-3 feet from the hook.This way the sinker sits on bottom with the power bait floating at about 3 feet from the bottom.Most people use very small hooks and just put a small amount of power bait on.(enough to cover your hook if it is a small hook)
The other day they were breaking.Not sure what for but I believe Mosquito,Maybe even a small Black Gnat.If I am going to fly fish out there usually I use a Mosquito,Black Gnat,Bumblebee,Jock Scott(Wet Fly).Some days out there it seems if the fly is about 2 feet under the surface then they take other times it doesn't matter.

2 Best spots to fish out there is:Up by the Old Broken Pine,and the other is By the Culvert.This is where I have all my luck anytime I go out there.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts