Nova Scotia Fishing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi everyone
Im a Chinese student , started to fish in Halifax a week ago. I've tried to fish at the shore ofwailliams lake on wyndrock Drive and the small lake at the opposite side, only got a few small yellow perch there, i use the shrimp which I bought from the supermaket as lure.
Just want to ask if anyone can give me some good place to fish in March and April, and it will be good if you can recomment the type of lure and hook. I got a car but no boat. River, lake, harbour, all will be good, and i also dont care what kind of fish, just want to get something!! Plz help me. Thanks

·
Registered
575 Posts
Welcome to Nova Scotia. As Fishin fool said, fishing season isn't open yet. Apparently the middle of next week is when licenses will be available, maybe end of the week not sure. At the end of next week go to Canadian Tire or somewhere that sells fishing licenses and pick up a license. It will come with a handbook with the rules/regulations. You should always check up on the spots you'll be fishing to see if you are allowed fishing there and to see what you're allowed to use and allowed to keep. You don't need a license to fish the ocean and you can fish it year round, however I'm not too sure about the bag limits on what you're allowed to keep.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks fishing fool and Billy
I'v been to to fishing fever fly on Aricolar street and the guy in the shop told me the liscense will be arrived at the end of this week. One more question, when the fishing season open?

·
Registered
749 Posts
thanks fishing fool and Billy
I'v been to to fishing fever fly on Aricolar street and the guy in the shop told me the liscense will be arrived at the end of this week. One more question, when the fishing season open?
april 1st

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
all the response is good , but just didnt really answer the question I asked, im asking can anyone reconmment me some good spot where would be easy for a freshman to get something. :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts