Nova Scotia Fishing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New to fly-fishing this year and am totally addicted. Had some luck this year with some small trout so I think I am doing OK, but would like to find a fishing buddy who knew what they are doing to teach me some tricks and show me some good rivers or lakes to fish. I am in Lower Sackville and been fishing 9 mile river. Anyone interested let me know.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I highly recommend taking some time and learning how to cast. Understanding the basics will save you years of heart ache. There are some real great resources around the area. Lots of good casters. If you are interested I can spend an hour or two with you and go over the basics of how it all works together.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I highly recommend taking some time and learning how to cast. Understanding the basics will save you years of heart ache. There are some real great resources around the area. Lots of good casters. If you are interested I can spend an hour or two with you and go over the basics of how it all works together.
thanks for replying Leaper. I am out of town all this week but would like to take you up on your ofter.Is there a place you would like to go. Which time is good for you.

·
Registered
546 Posts
Hi Flyfisherkst,

I hope you have luck with this. It is the best way to learn to fly fish. I got lucky last year and found someone to show me the ropes. I have been learning to fly fish for about 4 years now and learn more every year. It is like the best things in life, the more you learn the more you realize you have yet to learn. I live in the Sackville area myself. I hope to be a mentor to someone as well when I feel proficient enough to offer good advice but I think I am a ways off of that yet. That being said, if you are looking for someone to fish with and learn together, I would be available for the odd outing either on shore or canoe. Contact me directly and we can arrange something. Leaper, if you want to meet at the same time, I would be happy to meet you and cast a line or two.

James

1 - 4 of 4 Posts