Nova Scotia Fishing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am a new to fly fishing and was intersted in getting a Redington Crosswater 7642 combo rod and reel. It is 4wt 7'6". Is this rod any good for Trout fishing smaller rivers and streams.

·
Registered
173 Posts
if it's as good as the redstart kit i bought 15 yrs ago,its a great little rod.
I got the 8' 5wt. I still use it today. I have to say it's a great investment.
I have landed some pretty big shad on that puppy too.LOL
Only advice is be very carefull about the size of the flies you use.
the larger flies can be hard to throw. and avoid weighted flies.
best of luck to ya Warren. Enjoy

·
Registered
14 Posts
Albright Fishing products just emailed me an offer of 70% off the topwater combo kit. 7'6' 3/4wt 4 piece. Does this company sell good quality equipment. I will be using it for trout only.

·
Registered
195 Posts
At the price reduction they're offering you can't go wrong. Albright make some descent rods for the price. For someone starting out I think it's a great deal. Before you go to a 3/4wt you should consider the size flies you'll be using. It would be a good stream rod for dry flies and small nymphs and wets, which is what I think your looking for.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I just picked up 3 Redington Crosswaters out of the US for instruction purposes. They are great kits. I bought my first one last year and used it at a school to teach and it worked very nice and could throw a lot of line. The line and rod are well matched for each other. I would say your 4Wt is perfect for trout.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts