Nova Scotia Fishing Forum banner
41 - 60 of 87 Posts
Hi Perry;

If you want, I could pre-boil a bunch of spuds to fry up as hash browns. Could bring frozen veg and a steamer. What about Sunday breakfast? Should we bring ham and eggs, coffee and cream, whatever?

Food, glorious food!!

The planked salmon sounds great. Must remember to get some sour cream.

Man oh man, this is going to be great!!!

Cheers,

Chuck

Last year if I remember correctly we went up to the camp at 10 am set up and hit the water at 12. We ate lunch on the fly and in the boats on the water. Supper was at five and we hit the water after supper til just before dark. In the am we ate a quick breakfast and fished until noon did the tally awarded a winner and grabbed another sandwich on the way down the lake. So if I do supper on sat nite who wants to do breakfast on sunday morning? I suggest each person bring some snacks and drinks and a couple lunches. Got the trophy from Keith and he sends his regrets. No Darrin I haven't heard from Randall I dont think he has joined yet and I cannot find his email. I'll try again tomorrow. Do you need a jak?

Supper was at five and we hit the water after supper...
Your memory is failing you, Perry. As I recall, supper was at five and the water hit us! No fishing that evening as the remnants of Hurricane Danny passed by. Somebody might have wet a line in the hulls of the sinking boats tied to the dock, but I think that most were just bailing.

I can pick up groceries for breakfast if you let me know what (and how much) you want. Will you have a cooler for storing perishables and transporting them to the camp?

Where should we meet to put the boats in at 10:00 a.m.? What about parking for vehicles?

Paul

Reactions: pmorris
Discussion starter · #44 ·
We are still using your neighbours launch aren't we? I would have to agree with Paul.. I don't think there was a lot of fishing after supper last year. I think most people were back to camp before 5pm as well..lol.. I think I have Randalls email so I can try and give him a shout. As far as I know I am good for a Yak but I will let you know for sure later tonight once I get off the phone with Chris to see if he has been able to secure anything.

Sorry folks, I have been watching the thread since I heard about it from someone. I swore off this site prior to its demise, due to total exasperation with some the **** disturbers on here. However, like others who have left out of frustration, I will try it again, hopefully it will be more civil this time.

I would love to attend, but will be pre-fishing Panuke in prep for an upcoming tourney, unless I can convince my partner to attend this event.

I would love to come out but I don't have a partner so if anybody is looking for somebody to fish with im up for it
I have a 12 ft jon boat with a trolling motor i just wish i could have my big boat fixed in time
i wouldnt be able to stay overnight but saturday would be a go for me
so let me know if you are looking for somebody to fish with

Luke

TB, Im sure a lot of members feel the same! I hope you can make it and get the lunker pool again well not that much. lol Lets see prefish Panuke Lake, from the boat launch and go north towards the dam.
Luke, some fish alone and use a jak. The distances are not great and use your jon boat. Could be someone wants a partner but if not everyone is close and the fish are measured and released on the spot. Total honour system. Pics are nice but not necessary.
We are useing the same launch as last year extream. If anyone needs directions I will post tonite.
I think it would be easier for me to pick up supper and breakfast. Bring whatever you want in addition to supper and breakfast
I suspect salmon will be more expensive than smallies but we could keep perch and have a shore lunch like last year. Your choice!
I'll bring some extra flies for anyone who wants some additions.
Questions?

Discussion starter · #48 ·
Perry, so how many folks do you have coming to this event? Just curious how much we are looking at to slit the food costs.. $10, $15 or how much person? I plan on bringing my own snacks and drinks but to help out with the cost of the salmon that you are planking for us and the cost of breakfast what ever that may be.

Perry, so how many folks do you have coming to this event? Just curious how much we are looking at to slit the food costs.. $10, $15 or how much person? I plan on bringing my own snacks and drinks but to help out with the cost of the salmon that you are planking for us and the cost of breakfast what ever that may be.
I count eight definites:
  1. Perry
  2. pmorris (Paul)
  3. Gregory (Greg)
  4. 1NSHDave (Dave)
  5. Dave's fiancee
  6. Chuck Fluff
  7. Leaper
  8. Exstreamfisherman (Darrin)
And a few maybes:
  1. Alwaysfishin (Chris)
  2. Luke D
  3. Trout Bum (Randall)
...and I can almost taste the planked salmon

Paul

I think about a dozen. There are a couple from off the site that want to come. I figger about the same as last year extream. $15-$20. Lunker pool each day $5. If thats OK with everyone.

Discussion starter · #51 ·
Good with me and worth the money... even if I didn't win it last year..lol I will probalby out around your place near 10am if that is okay. Is everyone going to meet at the launch of just head up the lake and get the camp set up awaiting the fishing to begin...?

The dollar figures seem very reasonable to me, Perry. I'll probably be at the launch between 9:30 and 10:00 and head toward the camp as soon as I have my gear stowed since I'm a little slower on the water than you motorized folks and voyageur-sized paddlers.

Paul

TB, Im sure a lot of members feel the same! I hope you can make it and get the lunker pool again well not that much. lol Lets see prefish Panuke Lake, from the boat launch and go north towards the dam.
Luke, some fish alone and use a jak. The distances are not great and use your jon boat. Could be someone wants a partner but if not everyone is close and the fish are measured and released on the spot. Total honour system. Pics are nice but not necessary.
We are useing the same launch as last year extream. If anyone needs directions I will post tonite.
I think it would be easier for me to pick up supper and breakfast. Bring whatever you want in addition to supper and breakfast
I suspect salmon will be more expensive than smallies but we could keep perch and have a shore lunch like last year. Your choice!
I'll bring some extra flies for anyone who wants some additions.
Questions?
Hi;

I think planked salmon would be 'trays hot koozeen' as they say in Quebec, but kinda expensive and time consuming for one person, and him expected to cook breakfast ,too!! I would much prefer perch, if we had any guarantee of catching enough of the little buggers!

Perry, I have time on my hands, so if you want me to bring anything from the supermarket [which is just down the road], e-mail me. I will bring 2 extra life jackets, if needed.

Supposed to be sunny, so recommend wide brim hats and sun block and sun glasses to all. I'll probably forget.

Cheers,

Chuck

I'm fine with payin some for the event too. Did the Bass River Bunny Bow hunt this January, cost about the same and totally worth it. I'm certain this will be the same.

So I need some directions, or to follow someone there. I'm coming from the Army Base in Aldershot. about how long will it take to get there from here? So i can figure out my timings.

Only two more sleeps! Starting to get anxious about gettin on the water!!!!!!

I'm fine with payin some for the event too. Did the Bass River Bunny Bow hunt this January, cost about the same and totally worth it. I'm certain this will be the same.

So I need some directions, or to follow someone there. I'm coming from the Army Base in Aldershot. about how long will it take to get there from here? So i can figure out my timings.

Only two more sleeps! Starting to get anxious about gettin on the water!!!!!!
Dave do you know where sunken lake is? If you do you go to the south end and you will see a private road to Little River Lake with a Green Garbage box at the end. Drive to the end of the road and you come to a "T" turn left first house on the right. If you dont know where Sunken Lake is get the map off my website and that will take you to my house. I will leave a map with Judi. I would suggest you arrive at departure area by 10 am and I will meet you and you can follow to camp. It is about 22 mins 10 seconds from Aldershot. If you come Luke let me know and we will form a convoy. I can do GPS co-ordants if that would help.
CF I will let you know tomorrow if I need a hand with grub. I will be takeing a large cooler so to reduce coolers there will be room for beers etc. Salmon planking is an easy meal and many hands will help. Someone else can do breakfast but the grub will be provided.
Bass River Bunny hunt. I got one of the four rabbits! One for the books~! LOL

41 - 60 of 87 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.