Nova Scotia Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
546 Posts
Hi Fellas,

What a time we had last year fishing through the post tropical storm!! I think I dried out yesterday from that. There was some talk about doing it earlier this year than last, perhaps timed around the dragonfly hatch? I don't know id Perry is interested in hosting again, but what a terrific spot. I hope to see you all again this year and meet some new folks as well.

James

Reactions: Spastic Caster

·
1,353 Posts
Just feeling this out. I have had some PM's on the tourny and a number are interested so I guess the tourny will be a go. I am thinking June 26-27. The dragonflys should be on and the post spawn females will put the feed bag on. Lets see how you fly fishers feel!
Lasts years highlight!! Greg you got to get out fishing more! lol It was a great time with superior anglers for sure.

·
Levity Consultant
1,787 Posts
Just feeling this out. I have had some PM's on the tourny and a number are interested so I guess the tourny will be a go. I am thinking June 26-27. The dragonflys should be on and the post spawn females will put the feed bag on. Lets see how you fly fishers feel!
Lasts years highlight!! Greg you got to get out fishing more! lol It was a great time with superior anglers for sure.
June 26-27 works perfectly for me, Perry!

Paul

·
Streamside ProStaff
546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I think this may work for me after all... after talking with the little missus... we have to be there for my daughters grad on Monday anyway so if I come down Friday night from NB then I should be able to make it.. I still haven't unpacked everything so I have to dig it all out. Gary I am going to need some help from you if you are going otherwise I won't have a yak to use.. I will check with Chris to see if i can borrow his spare. I will need to get you to pick it up for me as well as picking me up if you can. Perry how many people have PM'd you to say that they may make it out?

·
Registered
546 Posts
Hi All,

Unfortunately I cannot do that weekend. The one after yes, but that one, no. Perry I was hoping to see you and the fellas this year. Maybe another time in the season I hope?

James

·
Levity Consultant
1,787 Posts
Hi All,

Unfortunately I cannot do that weekend. The one after yes, but that one, no. Perry I was hoping to see you and the fellas this year. Maybe another time in the season I hope?

James
It's a shame you can't make it, James. Perry tells me that he has six anglers confirmed so far and a couple of other possibilities. For those not familiar with the event, here are the details in case you might be interested:
  • Perry hosts the event at his camp on Little River Lake. Bring your own sleeping shelter (real men use hammocks);
  • We fly fish for smallmouth bass from noon on Saturday, June 26 until noon on Sunday, June 27;
  • The winner is the angler with the highest combined length of his/her longest fish caught on Saturday plus his/her longest fish caught on Sunday;
  • The honour system reigns cuz we're only playing for bragging rights and a trophy to hold 'til next year;
  • No entry fee, but we'll share any common costs (I think we each pitched in about ten bucks for common groceries last year);
  • There's a $5 lunker pool each day;
  • Any kind of watercraft works (e.g., kayaks, canoes, motorboats, Queen Mary, etc.);
  • It's all about the comaraderie; the fishing is just a by-product
Tight lines,
Paul

·
Registered
66 Posts
I am in. I will not be able to show up until later in the afternoon and may have to leave a bit early but I am in for all the fun.

·
1,353 Posts
It would appear to be a go!! I was talking to last years winner and he will be back to defend his title. Thanks Paul for posting the rules as they are and any changes will be posted. Any suggestions on makeing it better? Other than the weather!!! lol

·
Registered
879 Posts
Looking forward to it, I suggest we all take some ribbon with us and cut to the length of our fish we want to count at the end of each day, giving us a little more fun of a weigh (measure) in.

Greg.

·
1,353 Posts
Looking forward to it, I suggest we all take some ribbon with us and cut to the length of our fish we want to count at the end of each day, giving us a little more fun of a weigh (measure) in.

Greg.
I dont know if they make titanium non strech ribbon. Good idea any thoughts?

·
Streamside ProStaff
546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Keith it is a shame you can't make it.. can't the missus take one weekend off or get a sitter for some of the time... you don't get out any more than I do right now and we both need the break brother. It will be good just to catch up with everyone since all the changes in this past year. Looking forward to it but my arrival will be last minute and depending on Gary or Chris being able to show up. I have urged them both that they need to make arrangements to show up as this year should be way, way, way better than last year.

1 - 20 of 87 Posts