Nova Scotia Fishing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone! I was just wondering if anybody new of any fly casting courses or classes in HRM? I'm new to fly fishing this year and thus far have tried to learn through watching youtube videos and trial and error, but I'm not really getting much better. Any pointers?

Bob

· Registered
181 Posts
Practice and time and there's always something new to learn. I've been fly fishing since around the age of thirteen and self taught so I have self taught bad habits after watching a guy at the moncton show I wouldn't mind a couple of lessons

· Registered
14 Posts
Fishhunter give Atlantic fly fishing school in Brookfield a call.

Dennis Grant is the owner and a fantastic fly casting instructor

It makes for a fun day learning to cast

getting some good instructions will make it so much easier before you develop bad habits you need to break later

Have fun

· Registered
87 Posts
Good for you, wanting to take lessons! Most people think it's a waste of money and when they end up with a torn rotator cuff or some other shoulder injury, they wish they had spent the $100. It's such a small investment in a sport that is so enjoyable if you do things right.

It's all in the technique; accelerate to a stop going backwards, accelerate to a pause going forward, then lower the rod tip. It sounds easy ;)

· Registered
54 Posts
Yep, if you can find the dollars, wheels and time to go to Atlantic Fly Fishing school for a lesson I think you'll find yourself wishing you'd one it earlier. I've been once and plan to go again to troubleshoot a few particular things in a private lesson.

-Dave

· Registered
520 Posts
Dennis at Atlantic Fly Fishing is the way to go. It is not that expensive.

Tight lines,

James

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.