Nova Scotia Fishing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my old man is coming to visit me, and he wants me to take him out fly fishing. We usually go for trout in rivers or streams, and that is probably what we would be looking to do. I have had considerable luck myself, but I was just wondering if anyone had any suggestions for good fishing spots in late May.

I was thinking maybe shad fishing. I had a lot of fun doing that last year. I was also thinking of maybe getting a guide and trying for salmon, something neither of us have ever done. I know this is may not be the appropriate forum (sorry if I am out of line), but can anyone recommend any guides or let me know where I could find a list of fly fishing guides in Nova Scotia?

·
Banned
767 Posts
Hi;

Bill Curry, aka "flyfish" is another licensed guide, as is the founder of this site, Dave Doggett himself. And there are 2-3 others. Also there's a website of fishing guides, I think. Probably under N.S. dept. of Tourism, or something.

cheers,

chuck

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
CF, Bill Curry announced that he is shutting down his guiding this year because of the Yarmouth ferry shutdown. Regards...

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
CF, Bill Curry announced that he is shutting down his guiding this year because of the Yarmouth ferry shutdown. Regards...
I think he might do some though ,just not going to the trouble to advertise etc, going to focus on writing and photography wouldn't hurt to PM him if perry busy or whatever

both great guys and perry can do pretty cool things with a fly line and no rod

cheers

1 - 9 of 9 Posts