Nova Scotia Fishing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
613 Posts
What are the size limits, bag limit, and season for flounder?
Flounder are classified as groundfish, and the seasons and bag limits are different in certain areas of the province. Here on the Eastern Shore, East of Halifax, the season just opend on June 26th, and closes in the end of August sometime. The limit is 5 groundfish in combination, per angler per day!!!​
And the best of luck to you finding this info on the DFO website!!!! You have better odds of wining the lottery then you do finding the info online!!!!!

·
Registered
546 Posts
Hi Fellas,

I landed one yesterday off of Noel while hoping to hook into a striper. It was pretty nice, I shouold have eaten him, he looked tasty, but I let him go.

James

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Flounder are classified as groundfish, and the seasons and bag limits are different in certain areas of the province. Here on the Eastern Shore, East of Halifax, the season just opend on June 26th, and closes in the end of August sometime. The limit is 5 groundfish in combination, per angler per day!!!​
And the best of luck to you finding this info on the DFO website!!!! You have better odds of wining the lottery then you do finding the info online!!!!!
Thanks for the answers.I'm here in cumberland county and was looking for the minus basin and the northumberland strait.I tried to find it on the DFO site,but decided I didn't have all day to look.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts