Nova Scotia Fishing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone up for a bash at flatfish at Bluebeach this w/e.High tide mid afternoon but also a chance for people have a go with UK beach gear .

·
Registered
288 Posts
I and several others would probably love to go, but you are competing with the opening weekend of the traditional season for fresh water! So it might be tough getting anyone to go this weekend!

·
Registered
105 Posts
Do they bite this early in the spring--or late in the winter, as the case might be?
I'm wondering this myself. I fish them from the kayak on the south shore in the summer but have yet to try for them in cold water. I'll likely go out some evening this week and try, but I have seen them caught many times up near blue beach by Hantsport in the summer/fall.

·
Registered
228 Posts
I'm wondering this myself. I fish them from the kayak on the south shore in the summer but have yet to try for them in cold water. I'll likely go out some evening this week and try, but I have seen them caught many times up near blue beach by Hantsport in the summer/fall.
Well, as it's said, only one way to find out. Good luck!

·
Registered
185 Posts
I was thinking of going there on Sunday. If you are there I will see you then.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I was thinking of going there on Sunday. If you are there I will see you then.
Just got back from bluebeach,two nice barndoor skate caught on small mack strip on 1/0 hook.Beautiful evening,just me and a couple walking a dog.Heaven.Water just hitting stones when they were caught on successive casts,approx 100yds out.Out again tomorrow,can't wait.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts