Nova Scotia Fishing Forum banner
21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
My worm will be frozen stiff before it hits the water, I mean ice. I think I will wait a day or two as the spot I fish is a mile back in the woods. I will probably wear my duck waders as they are warmer than my fishing one`s.

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Heard about some hardy souls out on the icefishing here in Hants Ice in the rivers, lakes with a foot of ice high winds minus 2, snow, freezing rain and ice pellets. I guess this is an old fashion winter. hopefully it will warm up for the weekend.

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Tomorrow Morning I will give it a whirl. Yesterday was just too blizzardy for me, this morning the roads are still slick and I do not want to tow a trailer in that, so one more day for my first outing of the year.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Was out today and the spot I was fishing yesterday is under 3-4 feet of water and ice I couldn't beleive how frozen over and high the river got overnight. There was another big spot that was open but no action. I was having a smoke and letting some bait soak and was surprised to see a little bug barely moving across the ice chunk was I sitting on, it turned out to be a black stronefly nymph.

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
The poor bugger having like myself to wear a winter coat :blink: to get near open water.Was at a HWWA metting tonight, talking about the L2Fs and how the kids may have too ice fish if the weather doen't break :eek:

·
Registered
397 Posts
Out today, the river was high and fast. I fished most places with a spinner and went over them again with bobber and worm and not even a nibble.

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
and more snow again here last night and right now. Looks like a winter wonderland out there. Fishing now postponed till tomorrow?

·
Registered
319 Posts
they're saying we're supposed to get some "mixed precipitation" here between 8 and 11 am, and mid afternoon it gets a bit warmer/clearer ... thinking of heading out to the lake around 2 hopefully things heat up.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Fished 4 different holes on little salmon river this morning, spinner's tipped with worm on fluorocarbon leader- nothing with the casts. Then I changed up and took my spinner off and did bobber worm set up in the still water pools next to current- still not even a nibble, maybe it's just early and the water is a little too cold, or maybe it's the river levels and speed at which their moving is not making the trout bite. Water flies were even on the surface and didn't see no fish disturbance on the surface.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Years ago I would fish in this weather but now at 48 I can wait , I think I've gone soft with old age. On the bright side there shouldn't be many black flies or skeeters around tomorrow. Good luck to anyone who is tougher than me and heads out tomorrow.
I wouldn't say soft, smarter maybe. We are way behind last year, and there wasn't a whole lot of fish being caught last year at this time. I might not go out until May ( if the ice is gone, ha )

21 - 39 of 39 Posts