Nova Scotia Fishing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am staying at white point resort July 31-August 2 and I am having a hard time finding information on places to fish.

1- Would prefer freshwater (no real experience with saltwater fishing)
2- Lakes or rivers, but not bringing the boat so it would have to be from shore.
3- Species does not matter, have kit for it all and usually catch and release.
4- Also I might bring my kids at least once, but maybe not depending on the location

If anyone has some info and a place I can find it that would be great

·
Registered
587 Posts
Hi Patty
Finding a place to fish from shore is not easy at White Point.
The Lahave River is good for small mouth bass and you can expect to get fish from most any bridge. There is some restrictions re gear so check the regs.
The Medway is closer and has smb at many spots. There are some lakes that are fishable from shore.
Further down the shore Yarmouth county has pickerel water - easy to get at.
With the water as warm as it is - trout are hard to find.
For the children, get some mackerel jigs and go to the Liverpool wharf - jigs are at most hardware stores - cheap and do the job.
Enjoy your stay
Paul

·
Banned
585 Posts
Paul just gave you some spot on advice!

On a similar note, I tried to fish the two ponds/lakes next to the resort (while I stayed there) about two weeks ago and found nothing to report. Try the spots that Paul recomended, you will likely be driving over those spots anyway on your way there.

Trav

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
mushamush's advice is right on the money!! Good luck. Regards....

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks for the help.

There is a river that runs down to the resort, looks like a good size. I wonder if there is anything in it?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts