Nova Scotia Fishing Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello. I moved to halifax a couple years ago and haven't done a whole lot of fishing in the area. I've been to penhorn lake over in Dartmouth aswell as albro lake and didn't find it all that great due to them being stocked lakes and everybody and there dog are out fishing them.
I heard there was some smallmouth bass in long lake in spryfield later in the year but the post I seen for that was from ages ago. Anybody have some spots or suggestions? Salt or fresh water doesn't matter. Also is there any gasperau runs anybody knows of here ? Would love some input. Thanks ????

·
Registered
6 Posts
If your going for bass you could try pretty much any lake in the area. If you want to get away to places with a few less people (ie the stocked lakes) you could check out rocky lake, kinsac, first, second, lake Thomas and many many more in this area.

I've seen a gasperau run in a cove on lake William just across the road from powdermill lake but I can't tell you the date I saw them it was a few years ago.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If your going for bass you could try pretty much any lake in the area. If you want to get away to places with a few less people (ie the stocked lakes) you could check out rocky lake, kinsac, first, second, lake Thomas and many many more in this area.

I've seen a gasperau run in a cove on lake William just across the road from powdermill lake but I can't tell you the date I saw them it was a few years ago.
Thank you very much. I'll be sure to check those out.

·
Registered
12 Posts
If you go out sambro area, sheehans lake and grand lake are great for bass and occasional trout. Last year I caught 40 or 50 bass from grand lake. I was out trolling the lake last week and caught two 10-11 inchers

·
Registered
13 Posts
Pollock in purcells cove mackeral in the harbour pollock and flounder the odd cod lots of sculpin the harbour is always good fishing if you dont plan to keep most species also for fresh water try myers grant not sure if i spelled that right but pulled some big brookies out of there not a long drive out of dartmouth my new favourite fishing tool is google just hit maps zoom out find lakes and then see if they are stocked by also googling them if they dont stock it thats where i head first youd be amazed the nice holes that gives up

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.