Nova Scotia Fishing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for good places to fish in Bedford. I don't have a boat so it needs to be easily accessed. I also don't know the name of many of the places so descriptions would be helpful.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Looking for good places to fish in Bedford. I don't have a boat so it needs to be easily accessed. I also don't know the name of many of the places so descriptions would be helpful.
Hello, For bass...get on Rocky lake dr and follow until you go over the tracks, look left and there is rocky lake. Continue down the road, you will come to Powder mill lake. Go to the end of the rd and you will be at Lake William. At that intersection you can go left or right and fish all the lakes you see for bass, go for a drive and find access points. Should not be a problem for kids to catch a bass, it will keep them asking to go again.

If you have a car topper boat, or back of the truck, you will increase you chances even more, my 12 foot jon boat goes everywhere, in little water!!!, Look for it...its called "PUPPY'S RANGER"

Jamie

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hello, For bass...get on Rocky lake dr and follow until you go over the tracks, look left and there is rocky lake. Continue down the road, you will come to Powder mill lake. Go to the end of the rd and you will be at Lake William. At that intersection you can go left or right and fish all the lakes you see for bass, go for a drive and find access points. Should not be a problem for kids to catch a bass, it will keep them asking to go again.

If you have a car topper boat, or back of the truck, you will increase you chances even more, my 12 foot jon boat goes everywhere, in little water!!!, Look for it...its called "PUPPY'S RANGER"

Jamie
Thanks for all the help Jamie! I now know the name of 3 lakes that I didn't before!

·
Levity Consultant
1,787 Posts
Paper Mill Lake has good shore access from both Millrun Crescent and Lake Drive. It's stocked with brook trout each spring and has a good population of smallmouth bass (mostly small) to keep you entertained throughout the warmer months.

Paul

Reactions: pmorris

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Paper Mill Lake has good shore access from both Millrun Crescent and Lake Drive. It's stocked with brook trout each spring and has a good population of smallmouth bass (mostly small) to keep you entertained throughout the warmer months.

Paul
Thanks Paul! I wasn't sure about Papermill Lake...I tried there last year but I'll give it another go.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts