Nova Scotia Fishing Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know of any fishing guides courses coming up this season, or over the winter before the season starts.
Thanks,
Pete

·
1,353 Posts
Pete, at the present time there is only one person who gives the fishing guides course and that person lives in NB. There is another course that is a hunting and fishing course and that is usually once a year. Because of requests made to me to take a fishing guides course I decided I would do at least one at the Lodge. I found out it is not so simple and I am finding out that it is a maze of bureaucracy. I will pursue it and let you know. Perry

·
Registered
523 Posts
Pete, at the present time there is only one person who gives the fishing guides course and that person lives in NB. There is another course that is a hunting and fishing course and that is usually once a year. Because of requests made to me to take a fishing guides course I decided I would do at least one at the Lodge. I found out it is not so simple and I am finding out that it is a maze of bureaucracy. I will pursue it and let you know. Perry
Hi there-
Information is here:
http://www.gov.ns.ca/snsmr/paal/dnr/paal103.asp

Bill

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks,Perry and Bill,
I have been in contact with the individual about writing my hunting course test ,but would be very interested in getting the fishing guides course or exam as well.
A weekend at the lodge does sound like a lot of good stories though, thanks Perry.
Peter

·
Registered
173 Posts
Perry, any idea on what you would charge for such a course?

supposing you get through the bureaucracy.lol

I am very interested.
thanks - Mark

·
Registered
173 Posts
and while we're on topic of courses. has anyone heard from Keith?(wasted knights)

thought i would try again to get enough people registered for a river watch program in the city.

been trying for a few years now.no takers yet!!
sorry keith,bugging ya again this year. it just seems like the easiest way to really make a difference.
It seems to me you only needed 8 comitments for the course to be run in HRM.I'm starting early this year.LOL

·
Registered
523 Posts
and while we're on topic of courses. has anyone heard from Keith?(wasted knights)

thought i would try again to get enough people registered for a river watch program in the city.

been trying for a few years now.no takers yet!!
sorry keith,bugging ya again this year. it just seems like the easiest way to really make a difference.
It seems to me you only needed 8 comitments for the course to be run in HRM.I'm starting early this year.LOL
HI Zepp-
I do River Watch courses and would be pleased to do one for you if you get 6 or 8 people together.
Just let me know where and when - and we'll be there with the materials and get you going.
Bill

·
Registered
523 Posts
what exactly is the river watch program? i may be interested

cheers
mat
River Watch NS website

Basically, it's a program to train people to be observers to assist with river issues.
The link above should get you started to have a feel for it - if you have any questions, just let me know!
Bill

·
Registered
35 Posts
hey there
I'm in the HRM and may be interested. I'm not sure if the link is still working? It takes you to another site. What would be expected and what would be done? Where at in hrm? and stuff like that I think I would be interested but wouldn't want to commit if I couldn't come through

·
Registered
173 Posts
hey mattsubishi, check under topics, conservation, river watch.
all info so far is in there.
no dates set yet so check it out. not to late.
be sure to send bill an email with info.

Thanks Mark

1 - 13 of 13 Posts