Nova Scotia Fishing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am planning a trip to Alberta next summer to fly fish around the province. I would like to find a fishing buddy to share the trip and expenses.
Thanks

·
Registered
15 Posts
I am planning a trip to Alberta next summer to fly fish around the province. I would like to find a fishing buddy to share the trip and expenses.
Thanks
d

When and where are you going, There is a fantastic arctic grayling run that happens near northern alberta end of april, first of may! I'm already up here but would be happy to tell you about this spot.

·
Registered
195 Posts
d

When and where are you going, There is a fantastic arctic grayling run that happens near northern alberta end of april, first of may! I'm already up here but would be happy to tell you about this spot.
I would be interested if you wouldn't mind sharing as all the rivers I fish for grayling don't open until mid june.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
d

Hi D.
Sorry I guess I should have been more specific. I'm interested in Central and Southern Alberta mostly and during the spring and summer months.
Thanks

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hi D.
Sorry I guess I should have been more specific. I'm interested in Central and Southern Alberta mostly and during the spring and summer months.
Thanks
Too bad, this river is about 12 hours north of Edmonton (on pavement and road accessible)Actually in the NWT, about 3 hours north of the NT/ AB border.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Too bad, this river is about 12 hours north of Edmonton (on pavement and road accessible)Actually in the NWT, about 3 hours north of the NT/ AB border.
Hey there. I spent 5 years there in that area. I know some good spots and would love to share some if you promise to tell me how you do
I also have a friend that owns a fly shop in Calgary that will for sure hook you up with some spots from Calgary south to the Crowsnest pass. Great community he has in the shop with employees tying flies and giving weekly seminars. Let me know if this interests you?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hey there. I spent 5 years there in that area. I know some good spots and would love to share some if you promise to tell me how you do
I also have a friend that owns a fly shop in Calgary that will for sure hook you up with some spots from Calgary south to the Crowsnest pass. Great community he has in the shop with employees tying flies and giving weekly seminars. Let me know if this interests you?
Thanks for that. I have been out there before and had some luck but not on the Bow. I guess that river is just too big for me. My main problem is finding someone to go with, idealy someone from Nova Scotia who might be looking for an adventure like me. I love Alberta and enjoy the outdoors out there. The second problem is finding short term accommodations for a reasonable price. I would prefer someplace outside Calgary. I don't want to stay in hotels, motels etc because I would like to stay for a month or two. If your friend can help me with any suggestions that would be fantastic.
Chuck

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'm planning a shorter trip to Southwest Alberta next summer. Usually I go with a buddy but I'm not sure he'll be going. Would love to go longer but work won't allow. The Bow's awesome, but the smaller rivers to the south are more my style.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts