Nova Scotia Fishing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Fisher People,

So far:

Lots of medium sized small mouth bass, nothing over 16", all hitting Gulp Leaches

Lots of little yellow perch on small Mepps spoons, nothing over 6-7"

Tony says there are land locked salmon there, I believe him, I want one, apparently they are deep. What did you use to catch one Tony?

Please add your catch results and sizes here if you like as well as add new lakes/ponds you like to fish with a description of their fishy contents.

Cheers,

James

·
Registered
296 Posts
Caught some nice size bass in Beaver Bank lake at the end of Lakeridge Dr.Also caught a 4.1LB white sucker..I thought it was a log.caught them on real worms.

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Caught some nice size bass in Beaver Bank lake at the end of Lakeridge Dr.Also caught a 4.1LB white sucker..I thought it was a log.caught them on real worms.
Thanks Scott,

I keep meaning to check it out, can you get a canoe in easily there?

James

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you muchly!

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i TOOK MY DAUGHTER (10YRS) down to the lake this afternoon. Pulled the fly tube out. She was sitting in my lap reading her book while I cast off the shore. Felt like I hit a log then WHAM WHAM WHAM, Fish ON!! 2 minutes and 4 aerial acrobatics later a 19" small mouth landed! She was thrilled but I was over the moon. I think I saw the same fish about 20 minutes before I caught it, snorkeling off the drop. As much as i wanted to eat it, I let it go after carefully reviving it. What a rush, my daughter loved holding it in her hands and feeling the life of the fish. The fish was the length of my middle finger to my in side elbow.

Caught with 8lb test, spoon lure, and a Gulp Leech on a Mataksu (sp) barbless hook.

Cheers,

James

1 - 5 of 5 Posts