Nova Scotia Fishing Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for a fish finder recommendation to be used on a canoe or other small craft for inshore/offshore fishing. Nothing fancy per se, something that works.

·
Registered
879 Posts
I use an eagle cuda 168, they're cheap, easy menu to use, does what I want, shows the bottom and surface temp, I turn off the fish ID.

Greg

·
Banned
613 Posts
Looking for a fish finder recommendation to be used on a canoe or other small craft for inshore/offshore fishing. Nothing fancy per se, something that works.
Well Jay, fishfinders can start at about $100 and go well into thousands of dollars! Now, since I know the style of fishing you will be doing, and I know you are on somewhat of a budget, I would recomend the GARMIN 300C This model has everything you will need, at an affordable price. And the best place I have found to buy Marine Electronics is http://www.consumersmarine.com/ or you can find some good deals on Ebay if you have the time to shop.

Here is a pic of the electronics I have on my boat. Everything you see in the pic was purchased at consumers marine, (why you may ask) because none of the local dealers in NS could even come close to their prices on the SAME ITEMS????? I saved about $500 by purchasing these items from Consumers Marine, compared to all the local dealers I contacted in NS!!!!!!

My personal preference is for the FURUNO brand, and at the present time I am using the model LS4100 dual frequency unit. It works well for me, but I want to upgrade to a colour unit ASAP, but the model I am looking at is over $1000 bucks.

For a larger, more detailed pic, CLICK HERE

If you have any questions............fire away!

·
Registered
879 Posts
I bought mine at c-tire, they come on sale there fairly often, keep an eye on the flyer, they're around 140.00 regular price I think

Greg

1 - 12 of 12 Posts