Nova Scotia Fishing Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
sounds like a good place to fish in a yak...what about fishing from the shore?? anyplace??

·
Registered
249 Posts
I sometimes fish from shore behind the sportplex (curling rink). Park in the back and follow the path from the pile of snow that the zamboni dumps.

·
Registered
749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I sometimes fish from shore behind the sportplex (curling rink). Park in the back and follow the path from the pile of snow that the zamboni dumps.
what do you fish for there? what r you using?

·
Registered
249 Posts
Bass but we got a nice trout there one day, i almost exclusive use floating rapalas or something heavier to cast out far. You can walk along the shore when the waters down but theres most likely alot of vegation close to shore this time of year so that could shorefishing difficult. Also I fish mostly miday but the ppl who fish early mornings and evenings seem to do better. Think theres chain pickeral there too

·
Levity Consultant
1,787 Posts
ouird,

How was it? I hope to get out there over the next few days.

Thanks,
Paul

·
Registered
749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ouird,

How was it? I hope to get out there over the next few days.

Thanks,
Paul
reasonable success.
I had got on the lake when it was still dark, and super foggy. (it being my first time, i really didnt know where to go
didnt get much action but i did hook into my biggest catch of the year so that was pretty cool.

most of the time was me exploring the entire lake on my Kayak. didnt know where else to launch from so i started at the beach and eventually made my way to the other side of the lake and back.
water was nice and clean, in about 10ft of water i could still see the bottom.

·
Registered
546 Posts
haha good plan my friend
Yes there are stocked trout in the lake. Also definitely bass(some pretty nice sized ones), catfish, and eels. In the mid summer there is an insane growth of weedage in the lake probably fueled by all the goose poop. They leave behind some serious logs that often get the lake closed to swimming when it gets hot. I like to snorkel along the weed bed off the main beach, you can see an unreal number of what I assume to be baby bass/perch in enormous schools as well as there parents patrolling. I have personally only targeted trout here as it is stocked and I won't feel bad about a little supper

Cheers,

James

·
Registered
319 Posts
Yes there are stocked trout in the lake. Also definitely bass(some pretty nice sized ones), catfish, and eels. In the mid summer there is an insane growth of weedage in the lake probably fueled by all the goose poop. They leave behind some serious logs that often get the lake closed to swimming when it gets hot. I like to snorkel along the weed bed off the main beach, you can see an unreal number of what I assume to be baby bass/perch in enormous schools as well as there parents patrolling. I have personally only targeted trout here as it is stocked and I won't feel bad about a little supper

Cheers,

James
I'm not real familiar with First Lk., where is a good spot to park my car and to put in a kayak at?

fishon

1 - 17 of 17 Posts