Nova Scotia Fishing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm possibly planning a fly fishing trip to the Debert River, Folly River and Great Village River sometime in the srping. Has anyone ever fished these rivers? What species do you mainly catch? Any trout? Worth a weekend of fly fishing?

·
Registered
113 Posts
I'm possibly planning a fly fishing trip to the Debert River, Folly River and Great Village River sometime in the srping. Has anyone ever fished these rivers? What species do you mainly catch? Any trout? Worth a weekend of fly fishing?
Ive fished those rivers for a 4 day trip 2 summers ago. really not much action after 4 days and about 40 miles of river fished we had like 3 small trout. from my experence im not going to make a effort to fish those waters anytime soon and will probally continue to pass over them to fish the phillip and the wallace. but you never know you might do way better than we did.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Ive fished those rivers for a 4 day trip 2 summers ago. really not much action after 4 days and about 40 miles of river fished we had like 3 small trout. from my experence im not going to make a effort to fish those waters anytime soon and will probally continue to pass over them to fish the phillip and the wallace. but you never know you might do way better than we did.
I grew up fishing these rivers, honestly it's not for most people. You'd be damn lucky to get a trout over 15"

( trout, suckers, par, and lots of eels )

·
Registered
28 Posts
The Debert river is slow fishing, i've fished it a few times over the last couple years

now the folly river, around the Plains road is good fishing some times, no big trout but a good number in the 6 - 8 inch range

-T

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Alright thanks for the info. I think I'm still going to take a day and fish each river for a couple hours to get my own opinion on them because they look like good trout rivers from the road. From there I'll decide whether it's worth a trip.

·
Registered
111 Posts
The folly for the most part barly has enough water in most parts to keep the rocks wet. If you know where the 'cave ' is next to the road, Hop out. fish under the road, then walk through the cave and walk up stream a bit , a few decent pockets are waiting to be fished !

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The folly for the most part barly has enough water in most parts to keep the rocks wet. If you know where the 'cave ' is next to the road, Hop out. fish under the road, then walk through the cave and walk up stream a bit , a few decent pockets are waiting to be fished !
Where and what is this 'cave'?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts